“Perfect!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Edgewater
Fort Myers, Florida
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

Needed somewhere close to New Smyrna Beach since all their hotels were booked. Couldn't have been happier with the accommodations. Ignore the other reviews about the lousy breakfast. It's a free breakfast that was more than satisfactory to my needs. Pastries, fruit, cereal, waffle makers, juice, coffee, etc. Very clean room and bathroom with comfy beds for a price you can't beat. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank beachbaby1981

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Finnish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

Traveled to Florida with my son to view space shuttle launch (Discovery) and wanted accomodations close to nearby Titusville and the Kennedy Space Center complex. Could not have made a better choice!!

Absolutely loved this hotel. It is relatively new (approx 5 years old), clean, easy to find off the Interstate, great staff and only approx 20-25 minutes drive time to Titusville and very affordably priced. For those who may be security minded, all parking is in front (plenty) and all entry is through the front doors only. No rear or side entries. Located right next door is a 24hr Walgreens pharmacy as well.
If you want to be located in close proximity to Daytona/Kennedy, but want to avoid all the hectic traffic they sometimes experience, give this place in Edgewater, with it's slower, more quiet pace, a look!

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank Cruzecontrol
Westerly, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

We were looking for a hotel that was convenient to visiting relatives in New Smyrna. This hotel was right off of the highway and a straight shot up to New Smyrna. It has all the amenities one would desire, hair dryers, ironing boards in the room, and a washing machine in the hallway by the concessions ( great for the messy lunches that spill onto your slacks). The staff were great and always helpful with all our questions. They always greeted us with a smile and a warm "Good Morning" each day. It was like being at home with friends. The hote lwas right near the CVS, Dunkin Donuts and Winn Dixie, so you don't have to pack all those dreaded small items that have to pass through security. Just wait till you get there, walk over and buy them there. I was really impressed with the computer and printer in the lobby for guest to use so they can check there e-mail, and most importantly print out returning boarding passes for their flight home.
Free daily newspapers and the complimentary breakfast was always well stocked, cozy and delicious. The pool outside is a great place to end the evening sitting around the water and just relaxing before retiring for the night. The price was well below what I have paid for bigger hotels with less service.
The hotel was more than I expected, and will return there when in Edgewater. I highly reccomend this hotel to singles, couples, families who want a nice hotel in a quiet spot that is near the main roads, and attractions.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

On a recent drive down to Florida, I was looking for a place to stay outside of Daytona. I saw the signs for this Best Western.
We checked in around 8pm. Our king room was spacious, clean, and well maintained. The person checking us in was extremely helpful.
We had a room on the 3rd floor by the elevator, but had very little outside noise. I very much enjoyed the stay.
The breakfast the next morning was mostly continental with eggs and sausage and was pleasing. A CVS is next door. Most of the town closes up pretty early, but that was ok.
I will definitely look for this hotel on my next drive south!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PSBChris
Manchester, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

Stayed here for 4 nights in April 2009.

My preference normally is for Hampton Inns, but with a little help from TripAdvisor I decided on this Best Western Hotel; my choice was, therefore, based on reviews and price!

I wanted somewhere convenient for visiting New Smyrna Beach. I had vacationed at Daytona Beach a few years ago, but knew that New Smyrna Beach would be more to my tastes.

I couldn't find suitable accommodations/price by looking at TripAdvisor for New Smyrna Beach, but the reviews for the Best Western Edgewater Inn swung it for me.

It's just a few miles away from the beaches, I used the 27th Avenue free parking area next to the beach, everything worked out OK as planned.

Now to the hotel . . .

I'm not sure if there are other hotels in Edgewater, but even so it probably deserves it's #1 rating for Edgewater.

Hotel seems to be a fairly new build, no signs of wear and tear, the spacious bedrooms are immaculately clean, well provided with flat-screen TV, microwave and refrigerator, bed very comfortable; clean towels and linen.

The breakfast bar could do with some improvement, however. This is a small room, with 5 small circular tables, with 2 chairs to each table. So at one sitting, can only accommodate 10 persons seated.

The question is, would you want to share your breakfast table with a stranger?

If you're the business type who likes to use their laptop/notebook at the breakfast table, basically there's no room to do that!

The quality of the food provided; orange/apple juice tasted artificial, there was a pot each of regular/decaf coffee on the go. Hot food each day was egg, sausage patty, biscuit. Breads for toasting, cereals, some fruit, etc.

If the hot food is not hot enough for you, there is also a microwave available, just give it a quick zap for a few seconds.

Local newspaper available in reception every morning.

The elevator is worthy of comment; it reminded me of the film "Aliens", where Ripley goes back down into the complex to get Newt, then gets the elevator back to the surface to the drop ship; the sounds that the elevator makes sounds just like the Alien Queen!

Anyway . . . to sum up, the hotel met my expectations, and I would recommend to you to stay here.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank fresch
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

The hotel stands back from the busy road, and even though our room was on the front we experienced no road noise. We had a large spacious room with a king bed and a sofa which could double as a sofabed. Bathroom also large and everywhere clean. The pool at the front of the hotel appeared well tended. The only criticism we had was that the breakfast seemed very poor, containers almost empty, only a couple of pastries and oranges put out.

The restaurant next to the hotel was closed the night we were there, but a little further down on the same side we found an eatery obviously popular with the locals. Edgewater had nothing to offer, but it was an easy drive to get to the space centre early the next morning.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2008

While visiting family in Edgewater Fl we didn't have any real plans for where and when we would stay. We stopped in at the Best Western in Edgewater Fl. This weekend there was a wedding party booked. But the hotel managed to get us a room for the night. The next morning I asked if any cancellations had come in so we could get another night. One hadn't so the only room available was a jacuzzi room. We took it even though is was a little more. Then the next day we moved to another room. In all we were in 3 different rooms. We didn't mind because the rooms were clean and the staff worked with us. I would go back there again without hesitation.

• Liked — The rooms were clean
  • Disliked — likes everything
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgewater
BEST WESTERN New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
BEST WESTERN New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach
#6 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach
The Riverview Hotel
The Riverview Hotel
#3 of 13 in New Smyrna Beach

Been to BEST WESTERN Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!