“Ok”
Review of The Beach Pit on the Bay - CLOSED

The Beach Pit on the Bay
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

Not great but OK one of few places that offer breakfast on SGI. Only had breakfast not lunch or dinner

Reviewed June 21, 2016 via mobile

We visited the Beach Pit a year ago and loved it. This time we thought the service was lousy and the food was just okay. Our waitress was nice, but I did find it tacky that at least three girls stood around in the kitchen...in plain site...checking their schedules, phones, and swatting flies. Meanwhile our drinks and appetizer took a while to get to us even though we were one of two tables in the restaurant. I had the flounder and was not impressed with the presentation. My husband had shrimp and considered it mediocre. The restaurant is appropriate for kids, and our son did like his cheeseburger. However, we don't plan to return again.

Reviewed June 22, 2015

We had called in a carryout order. Everything was as ordered and good. Oysters were small and in my opinion not worth the $. Ribs were good as were all of the sides.

Reviewed March 26, 2015

This is a nice little place in "downtown" St George Island that has good BBQ and fried seafood, but my favorite is their Brunswick Stew. It's kind of like a BBQ stew, and I love it.

Servers are very pleasant, even when they are dealing with a large and talkative group of women :-)

It's nothing fancy, but it's a good meal.

Reviewed March 15, 2015

The sign says open. We attempted twice. Walked in no one around. So we left. We never saw cars there. This place had great reviews. We wanted to try it.