“An unexpected treat”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I tend to discount reviews of Mexican restaurants, because most people's idea of "Mexican" is different from mine. But after reading the reviews, we stopped in for lunch on the way to St. George, and were glad we did. The exterior does not look promising; it's an aged fast-food restaurant building. The interior is no better; it looks pretty much like the outside. Shortly after you arrive, you get a basket of chips and salsa. I do not care for the salsa, which strikes me as tasting like seafood cocktail sauce, but that may be a matter of personal taste. The chicken enchiladas are very good. But whatever you order, make sure to get the guacamole; you'll be glad you did. It tastes incredibly fresh. We liked our food so much we came back two days later.

1  Thank JJTOH

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have been coming to this area for about 10 years. I always include at least one dining visit to this restaurant. The food is very authentic and absolutely delicious.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great food and fast service. Priced right. The breakfast goulash is offered in three sizes, and the large will make you question whether you should have ordered the medium. Need I say more?

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The decor is funky but the service, prices and food are fantastic! Locals like up every morning, noon and evening. You should too if you like simple fare done well. Their Mexican is my fave!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I heard the Mexican food was great, my food was not. I ordered the kids chicken strips and fries, I was very disappointed. :(