“Great place!”
Review of The Hut Restaurant - CLOSED

The Hut Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: A Franklin County tradition since 1941. Serving Seafood, Steaks, Chicken, Burgers, Pasta, Po Boys, Sandwiches, and more. Daily Lunch and Dinner specials, Salad Bar, & Children's Menu. Open for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner 7 days a week. We use to be in Apalachicola until Hurricane Dennis destroyed the old restaurant in 2005. In 2007 we moved to are current location in Eastpoint. We look forward to seeing you.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The Hut is a wonderful place for breakfast. The staff is always friendly and the food is great. The salad bar in the afternoon and evenings is very good also.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Fried oysters were great!!! The fried shrimps were god too. But the tarter sauce was so bland I had a hard time believing it was seasoned at all. The accompanying sides were less than stellar. The beans highly recommended by the very kind waitress were not my cup of tea. They were served coolish, and were big flat things with plenty of strings. The rice with brown gravy was just about as bad a side as I have ever had. The rice was cooked ok but the gravy on top tasted like soap or something...The hush puppies were stellar. And the servers were excellent. Even the new one was sweet and very helpful. the decor is nothing to recommend it. If we go back I think we will stick to the oysters/shrimp and the hush puppies. the rest was not even average.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Love eatin g here,nice salad bar,great selections on menu,fast serving,xclnt waitresses,just overall great family style eatery, u can't go wrong here......AAAAA+++++rated !!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I had lunch at the Hut today 1-25-13.I had the Shrimp Poboy and it was loaded with good size shrimp and my wife had the fried shrimp with 2 sides. Portions were large and the price was very good. Highly recommend for lunch and heard others talking about having Breakfast there. Will go back the next time I am in the area.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The food is good, service is good and a great place to stop for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Every time we drive by, there are a lot of cars here - that is kind of a recommendation all of its own.