Sportsman's Lodge Motel & Marina
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Eastpoint
See available hotels
Gibson Inn(Apalachicola)
House of Tartts(Apalachicola)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
St George Inn(St. George Island)
View Hotel
Buccaneer Inn(St. George Island)
  • Pool
Rancho Inn(Apalachicola)
View Hotel
Buena Vista Motel(Mexico Beach)
View Hotel
Mainstay Suites(Port Saint Joe)
Port Inn(Port Saint Joe)
View Hotel
All reviewsgeorge islandacross the bridgeapalachicola bayview of the baysliding glassroom was cleanflat screenrv parkpeacocks wanderingfloridapelicansaccommodationslaptopunits
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed three nights at the Lodge. Even though it is a little on the isolated side and a bit rustic, I enjoyed my stay in one of the first floor kitchenettes with two beds. The room was kept clean, the Managers were courteous and friendly and it was a great deal. It was close to Eastpoint and Appalachicola and worked for me. The Peacocks wander the property and make sure you notice them. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Keeping in mind that this lodge is set up for fishing parties, a good idea is to get one of the first floor rooms for ease of loading and unloading your luggage. We stayed in the middle of the week after Labor Day, so it was not crowded or noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Since it was Labor Day
week end, and this a small town, I thought I should call ahead for a room. I looked at the reviews for the Sportsmans Lodge and called. Edda took my info and when I ask if she needed a credit card, she said no, she would have my room waiting. When we turned in the drive,I thought what are we in for. It is the old Florida lodge type buildings. when we shown our room, my mouth dropped open. Every thing was perfect. The room was clean and modern.It was a large room with large sliding doors to the wrap around deck, and there was a large window on the other wall.We loved the peacocks that came to visit us. The tree beside the deck had a hole with squirrels that went in and out. Wonderful view of the bay. We enjoyed our time there,we know if we want a lazy vac. We can return to this wonderful laid back spot.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 24. Upstairs, you do have to carry everything up steps, but we did not mind
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shannun
Reviewed August 25, 2013

After years since staying there, we traveled to East Point, Florida to hold a family memorial service for Robert O. Tipton, Sr. Robert and his wife Pat experienced many friendly and memorable stays at Sportsman's Lodge and Marina over the past 30 to 40 years. Fishing, boating, and eating fish, shrimp and oysters from the famous Apalachicola Bay. Family, Shriners, Lodge Brothers and friends accompanied the Tiptons from their home in Dunwoody, GA to their home away from home with the hosts at Sportsman's Lodge, Bob and Etta. This visit was no different, except that it was to hold a memorial service for Robert who passed from this life on July 27, 2013. And, again Bob and Etta treated the 13 family members who attended the memorial service like their own family, reminiscing of the many visits by the Tiptons and their guests who came with them. We could not have been received more graciously and generously by Bob and Etta. Moreover, the local restaurants again served up great seafood and those delicious oysters from the world famous Apalachicola Bay, something all of us knew would have made Robert smile as he too craved the delicious seafood and gracious hosting of Bob and Etta. Bob made recommendations of local restaurants, and Etta shared her menagerie of peacocks, squirrels and birds that habitat the grounds. We would be remise if we didn't mention that the rooms were great and typical of a seaside motel and marina. Hats off and our heart felt thanks to our hosts Bob and Etta. We will be back to see you and enjoy your hospitality!

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask Etta for a water front view room. She will be most accommodating to make your stay a memorable event of your visit to the Apalachicola Bay area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here few times now and I love it. Quiet, friendly and relaxing just what I needed to get away from my customer service job that stresses me to no end. Yes, the rooms need updating and some repairs. The grounds needs some cleaning but please please in my opinion don't change a thing. The price is right and it is cozy and a step back in time and yes my cell phone did not work. It was a blessing lol. Will be back in again and again to relax just what I want in a vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seeyaathebeach
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have been staying here for 8 years and look forward to going back year after year. I always feel like I'm going home when I go there. It's a great place for kids. The owners are great people who really care. They will go out of their way to make sure your stay is wonderful. It's not fancy but it's warm and welcoming. Several years ago a young couple with kids were staying next to us and they had been fishing and came in to get something to eat. Someone took their fishing gear. The owners gave them a free night so they could take that money and replace the gear. What great people. Will always stay there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family