“Nice place to eat by boat”

Swampy's Bar & Grille
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Dunnellon
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Swampy’s Bar & Grille in Dunnellon, Florida! Looking over the beautiful Rainbow River from our restaurant deck, you can enjoy and understand the inspiration which created Swampy’s. It is the raw beauty of the Florida river swamp with a few extra conveniences added – Swampy’s great food and drink. If you arrive early enough, you may observe the family of otters that swim, eat, and live right here at Swampy’s river bank. As early afternoon arrives, you view local residents and tourists lazily floating down the river in tubes, kayaks, canoes, and a few boats. As the day ends, and the sun sets, you may again observe the family of otters venture out to enjoy their river dinner, as you enjoy yours.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice open air seating in addition to indoors. Right on the water, so there are the occasional bugs to deal with. We can go out to eat by car or boat, very convenient and great menu. I have not yet had anything I didn't like from the menu. Nice relaxing place to have a drink as well.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Visited with out-of-town friends who have never been there - of course, we held our breath (you just never know) but were not disappointed at all. The clam chowder was fantastic, I enjoyed a Rueben sandwich - with pickles and slaw - while the others had a burger (OMG! Huge!) cold drinks, and a chance to relax, and watch the floaters cruise down the river. The tubers were very plentiful today, one could say in the hundreds.

Very enjoyable day.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

At the end of your tubing trip on the Rainbow River nothing is better than to have an adult beverage here and reflect on your day.
Typical bar food choices. Wings here are very food. Skip the Jambalaya; taste like it came out of a box kit with chewy uninspiring chicken and sausage. I would go so far as to say terrible. Onion rings good.
Food service can be slow so be patient. They have a small kitchen and can seat a lot of hungry people.
Bar prices ok too.
Overall it's an ok place to be and go.

1  Thank TrueToLight
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We have been here 3 time and two things are always the same! One, The Atmosphere/view is amazing, absolutely Love it! But....That's about all to love! Second, Let me start by saying, the drinks are WAY to EXPENSIVE! I am not a prude, we eat out a lot and we drink but the prices for draft & bottled beer are ridiculous. We ordered two draft beers and it came to $10! What! We are in Dunnellon FL, not Tampa or St. Pete! Come on! We have mixed feelings on the food. The first time, it was lunch and it was pretty good, nice portions and decent taste. The second time for dinner, not so great! The portions have seemed to get smaller in the past year and pricier. The food was average that time. The 3rd time, we sat at the bar and ordered the ceviche. The shrimp was rubbery and smelled really bad. I took one bite and the next day, I could feel the rath of that! We love the water, the deck and the service is ok. But we probably won't go there again, we will just stick with the Blue Gator.

6  Thank GTGT76
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We had kayaked higher up the Rainbow River that morning, so it was cool to sit on the deck later, have lunch and see others tubing by. I think it helped that I was there with locals, as our service was excellent. I had crab cakes with a great remoulade sauce. I could have sat there longer watching the people as the atmosphere was just great.

1  Thank Daniebear