“Restaurant Closed”

Description: 352-489-9909 tel
florida
“Restaurant Closed”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Unfortunately, a good effort to have a Thai restaurant in a small town failed. While we had some marvelous meals there, there were others on some later visits were disappointing. I guess too many people had disappointing experiences, and business lagged.

Sorry they weren't able to stay in business.

Visited November 2012

Dunnellon, Florida
“What A Shame”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

As a resident of Dunnellon that came from an area with a large asian community and lots of great asian food I looked forward to having a new asian restaurant in town as our other asian restaurant is another bad example of asian food. With some excitement, my wife and I had dinner there last night. We experienced some difficulty with the menu (we normally eat Chinese or Vietnamese cuisine) because none of the ingredients for the dishes are listed - ony the Thai names. After receiving the spring roll appetizer, we were quite satisfied and looked forward to the main course. The main course was not what we expected for a stir-fry, however the quality of the ingredients was good and the taste fairly good as well. The portion size for my wife's chicken dish was adequate, but the beef dish I ordered was about half the size and left me hungry. The main issue with the dinner occured overnight. We asked our waitress to check for the use of MSG in the food prepration and she assured us that the kitchen did not use any. My stomach ache and the foul taste after I awoke the next morning are definetly from MSG, but may have come from the oyster sause used in my dish. I may give them another shot at my business, but it will be a year or so before I return. I am really disappointed to have had a bad experience after looking forward to this restaurant opening.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Ray B
Citrus Springs, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hit or miss with Rainbow Thai”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The food is good, but check for hair. On two different days I found long black hair in my food. The first time I thought it might have been mine somehow, but then the second time I decided that they need to talk to their cooks before I return. The wait staff is very unprofessional and you can usually find them outside the front door smoking or gossiping and texting at the front counter. The waitress we had the other night was very young and kept forgetting everything we asked. Also, expect young children to always be running around the tables. If you can look past all that, then yes, the food is good...Just don't plan on having a good experience.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Leb302
florida
“A Thai Treasure”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I love Thai food and consider myself a pretty good judge of what is tasty and authentic...I lived in Thailand for year and ate at many restaurants there as well as having a cook at home who prepared so many wonderful Thai dishes for us.

Rainbow Bistro has excellent curry...my personal favorite dish, and it can be made to suit your particular taste from mild to extra spicy. The service is good and the staff is friendly. Since the building has served as a location for many restaurants before becoming the Rainbow Bistro, they have made the interior a peaceful and calm atmosphere with very pleasant decorations, and wonderful background music while you dine. Having a local Thai (and other types of oriental food as well) restaurant is a real plus for our small town and we're so glad they're here!

Visited May 2012