“A little pricey”

The Pizza Joint
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Dunnellon
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Only wood burning pizza restaurant in Citrus County.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We decided to try this pizza joint to mix things up a little, and after reading the other reviews I thought it would be a homerun. It didn't quite turn out that way. Our pizza was undercooked, and they were pretty skimpy with the toppings. It was not the worst pizza I have ever had, but it was not what the other reviewers were posting about.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We loved this pizza! We needed a central location to meet friends before dropping our kids off at camp, and TripAdvisor recommended the Pizza Joint. I knew that it would be a winner when we walked through the door past the basil plants. Four adults and four kids all agreed that this pizza joint was tops. We tried a traditional cheese with Italian sausage as well as fresh jalapenos for a little heat. Our friends also tried the white pizza. We were all still talking about our pizzas when we picked the kids up at camp a week later. Friendly, quick service too. If you live in the area, lucky you. If you find yourself anywhere near the Pizza Joint while travelling, make the trip. You won't be sorry.

1  Thank craft_family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Pete and his family puts their heart and soul into every pot and Stromboli.we love to make the trip which is over 2 hours to sit and talk with Pete and enjoy a great pie .

Reviewed June 30, 2013

If you want some really good pizza hot to order with a unique twist to the way it's made you have got to check this place out! Pizza cooked in a real stone like oven But cooked in just moments fresh over real wood! The unique wood fire oven technic gives this pizza one of the most amazing fresh awesome tasting pizza I have been able to enjoy in a long time!
The staff most polite and good service it got some of the most amazing highlights and advantages to this quite location with great food unique awesome pizza, friendly polite staff good music, OH and can't forget to mention it's a BYOB spot which is awesome it really doesn't get better than that! It's a great place for couples, family, everyone to enjoy!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Pizza Joint is a little out-of-way spot in a small strip mall. I wasn't expecting it to be about 10 miles from downtown Dunnellon and my GPS was giving me problems trying to locate the restaurant. I called but the gentleman who answered the phone told me he was new to the area and couldn't help me with directions.

I managed to find the place eventually. They run a special on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for a large plain cheese pizza for $6.99- you save $3.00. Each additional topping is $1.75. They also give you a card and stamp it each time you buy a pizza. After 10, you get one free.

The guy told me if I came back and wanted to eat inside you can BYOB. They serve canned soda and bottled water for $1. He also said they serve meals other than pizza but that was later in the day. They are closed on Mondays. And, as someone else mentioned, they require cash only but there is an ATM next door.

The restaurant itself contains just a few tables and chairs. If you plan on eating there, go early or at an off-time to take advantage of the tables. The pizza was very good, better than most Italian restaurants that serve this item. We will come again.