“Awsome Pizza with a unique twist!”
Review of The Pizza Joint

The Pizza Joint
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Dunnellon
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Only wood burning pizza restaurant in Citrus County.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

If you want some really good pizza hot to order with a unique twist to the way it's made you have got to check this place out! Pizza cooked in a real stone like oven But cooked in just moments fresh over real wood! The unique wood fire oven technic gives this pizza one of the most amazing fresh awesome tasting pizza I have been able to enjoy in a long time!
The staff most polite and good service it got some of the most amazing highlights and advantages to this quite location with great food unique awesome pizza, friendly polite staff good music, OH and can't forget to mention it's a BYOB spot which is awesome it really doesn't get better than that! It's a great place for couples, family, everyone to enjoy!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Pizza Joint is a little out-of-way spot in a small strip mall. I wasn't expecting it to be about 10 miles from downtown Dunnellon and my GPS was giving me problems trying to locate the restaurant. I called but the gentleman who answered the phone told me he was new to the area and couldn't help me with directions.

I managed to find the place eventually. They run a special on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for a large plain cheese pizza for $6.99- you save $3.00. Each additional topping is $1.75. They also give you a card and stamp it each time you buy a pizza. After 10, you get one free.

The guy told me if I came back and wanted to eat inside you can BYOB. They serve canned soda and bottled water for $1. He also said they serve meals other than pizza but that was later in the day. They are closed on Mondays. And, as someone else mentioned, they require cash only but there is an ATM next door.

The restaurant itself contains just a few tables and chairs. If you plan on eating there, go early or at an off-time to take advantage of the tables. The pizza was very good, better than most Italian restaurants that serve this item. We will come again.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We visited this restaurant based on Trip Advisor reviews and had a wonderful dining experience. We thought we were lost as this place is definitely off the beaten path. However, we were glad we persevered to find this very special "hole in the wall" - which I definitely mean as a compliment. The vegetarian pizza with alfredo sauce and fresh mozzarella was absolutely amazing. You know the chef prides himself on fresh ingredients when you see basil being grown in pots right outside the door! Although I rarely have had wood fired pizza, I am absolutely a convert now! And Chef Peter was so chatty and welcoming, we really enjoyed ourselves. Do yourself a favor and seek out this spot!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Thanks to Captain Glenn, I had my first experience at The Pizza Joint today and was not disappointed. We had a pepperoni, sausage and anchovy pizza and it was delicious! Chef Peter was most hospitable. I thoroughly enjoyed my late lunch after a peaceful day with Gatorman on the Rainbow River. I'll definitely be back soon (and be bringing my wife along) -- to The Pizza Joint and the Rainbow River! You need to try it too! It's worth the trip!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Pizza is so good I feel like I am in the Northend of Boston. Dollar for Dollar the best pizza in the state of Florida .

1  Thank Cappy33