“Excellently prepared seafood”

Simply Seafood
Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Dunnellon
Cuisines: Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fresh Seafood Market serving Dunnellon for 10 years.
Decatur, GA
“Excellently prepared seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Don't let the little storefront fool you, this is a tiny restaurant with wonderfully prepared seafood. Our party of four had the seafood salad (shrimp and crab) and blue crab grilled cheese sandwiches. All was excellent. Owner/waiter was attentive and the prices were very reasonable. This is a tiny place with only a few tables and a takeout market next door. The restaurant closes at 6 pm, so go for lunch or early dinner.

• Visited April 2014

Ormond Beach, Florida
“This is the best seafood we have had in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

While visiting friends who live in Ocala, Florida, they took us to lunch here for the first time. There are only three tables and a small counter in the restaurant and if you plan on eating in I highly recommend making a reservation. We arrived on a weekday about 1:30 pm and were seated immediately. Debra, one of the owners, was our server and was excellent. Everything is made fresh and if you have a special request, they probably can handle it. Frank, the Chef, was also excellent working off a six burner stove. You can bring your own beverage and we had a bottle of wine we brought with us. We started with a delicious bowl of steamed clams in a broth. Ask for some bread to dip in the broth, which had a nice garlic taste. Three of our group had the shrimp and lobster wrap, with a very satisfying amount of lobster. With our entrees, we also had salads and I upscaled mine to include lobster on top. The lobster was fresh and from Maine. They have a 150 gallon tank to store their lobsters in and the seafood comes from the restaurant, all part of the same business, next door. You can buy fresh seafood after you dine! I had the shrimp scampi on angel hair with a little extra garlic and it was very good. I wish we lived closer to this restaurant where I could have their food more often. I highly recommend people to try this and if you cannot get a table, get it to go. Their website has their menu. I only wish I had my camera to take pictures of the food but forgot it. Next time I am anywhere near this area, I will make a stop here.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank norme-ormond
“Freshest seafood in area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

You can't get fresher seafood, they get deliveries from local fishermen every day. Great menu for a small place. Everything is cooked to order. My husband had mussels and I had the blue crab grilled cheese sandwich. Both were large. And delicious. We will probably eat here or get takeout. Several times a week.

2 Thank Rebekkasmom
Dunnellon, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Seafood Anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

We purchased a Groupon to try dinner here. It is very small, but the food selections are definitely not small in taste or quantity! I've had seafood pasta dishes at 5 star restaurants that weren't as good as my dinner here. The owners are friendly and helpful and the prices are very reasonable. If you are coming with a group make sure you call ahead because the seating is limited. I will certainly be going back often.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Joan W
Ocala, Florida
“Great seafood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

This place may be small, but they have the best seafood/ fish around. Steamed clams are great. Love their grilled cheese w/ blue crab filling.

• Visited March 2014