“Great place to eat”

Cuisines: American, Cuban
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2014

By chance we tried it out after a morning of kayaking on the Rainbow River. The Cuban sub was amazing and the owner was so gracious. I had a Cuban plate but I can't remember the name. It was wonderful. Very nice atmosphere. Wonderful desserts. Remember to have them show you the bar that came from Ybor City. Oh, and the prices were very reasonable. I would highly recommend this place to any.

1  Thank venetians

Reviewed June 14, 2014

This is a great little local restaurant. We eat here regularly and my whole family loves it. Delicious sandwiches, burgers and, of course, Cuban food! Definitely worth a trip!

1  Thank Flmandiq
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We were heading back home after spending a few days in Cedar Key and decided to stop here for lunch based on TA reviews. So glad we did; I had the cilantro/lime grilled chicken, a nice sized pounded breast, not too thin, served with sweet plantains, black beans and rice, and a garlic knot. The chicken was perfectly cooked and full of flavor, the plantains probably the best I've had, and the black beans and rice, often bland, were wonderfully seasoned and delicious. The garlic knot was a garlic lover's delight, one small piece stayed with me all day. I noticed another couple devouring a plate full, good thing they were both into it...My wife was in the mood for a burger; she said it was really good and it looked it, a thick hand formed patty with all the trimmings. Even their fries are special, hand cut and seasoned to order. There's a lot of interesting menu choices here, and although we live over an hour away, I can't wait to go back for more.

1  Thank billdozerGroveland
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We took a 45 minute ride for lunch based on a recommendation for a neighbor. It was worth the trip. The Cuban and fish sandwich we're both excellent. Everything was very fresh and prepared when ordered. We'll return again to try some of the wonderful Cuban dishes. I give this Resturant a 5 star! The staff and owner was very pleasant to talk with.

1  Thank seggycc
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We ordered a few things here... Shrimp Scampi, Shrimp and Chorizo, Steak Salad, and a Cuban Sandwich. All were very good, a little heavy on the garlic, but the Cuban Sandwich was unforgettable! I would have never expected to find something so good in a place like Dunnellon, FL. This place is a real gem!

FYI: It's BYOB