“BEST SPICY STEAMED SHRIMP”

Blue Gator Tiki Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Dunnellon
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This is a unique tiki bar restaurant set on the banks of the Withlacoohcee River. We offer indoor and covered outdoor dining. Great selection of seafood, steaks, burgers, chicken, Terrific salads as well. Live music Thursday through Sunday.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I am writing once again about 'THE GATOR' - I love this place. At times it is busy so be patient. The food always comes out piping hot. The steamed shrimp is killer (1 lb. - $12.99 - 2 lbs. good to share comes with slaw - $21.99). I like the slaw and I am not a slaw fan. I like this shrimp better than The Freezers (Restaurant in Homosassa - locals know it.) My mother always gets the scallops. She gets them grilled. 6 scallops - good price ($11.99) comes with slaw and fries. She upgrades for $1 and gets the onion rings or the sweet potato fries instead of the fries or tater tots. I prefer the fries. The fish and chips is good fried fish for the fried food lover. The 1/2 order ($6.99) comes with 2 pieces - the full order has 4 - she gets the 1/2 order. The burgers rock as well. I have eaten almost everything on the menu and now I get steamed shrimp every time I go. The grouper can be dry at times (steamed or blackened) if it is fried it is not dry.
Beer and wine only - cocktails are the 'fake' FL liquor. NA beer available.
THE REASON FOR MY NEW REVIEW - they are expanding! They will have a new inside bar and indoor seating in 2 months! I cannot wait!
Bikers love it here - especially on a nice day - lots of Harleys!
Live music. If a train goes by the beer is discounted!
Check out my other review of The Gator as well. This is a mom and pop joint - I like to cater to the locals. Parking is limited so if it is full go across the street to park. Be careful crossing - it is a busy street. See you at The Gator soon!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We were taken to this restaurant for a late lunch by some friends we were visiting in the area after we had been kayaking on the river. It was excellent, the burgers were something else. How I wish we had a place like this in Ireland.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Great food and atmosphere, service has always been friendly and quick, food combines local favorites with tried and true plates. Outdoor only seating so weather can be an issue. Only negative is smoking is allowed, which has caused us to turn and leave on occasion.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have never been disappointed with the wonderful atmosphere and excellent service. Whenever we are in Dunnellon this is a must go to place to share with friend and family. They have live music on Friday and Saturday Night. It is all out doors so weather permitting , the enjoy the view, music and friendly atmosphere. We had the fried fish the last time and it was very good and the fried sweet potatoes are my favorite.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This place is very rustic with a big outdoor deck, good vibe on a Friday and Saturday night. Food is basic pub food but good and well priced.