“Unexpectedly good -- and reasonably prices”
Review of Bentlys Restaurant Inc - CLOSED

Bentlys Restaurant Inc
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: "My Friends Place" is a casual,full service. family friendly restaurant serving lunch and dinner with full liquor service. We prepare our soups, salad dressings and gravies fresh. We also serve real homemade mashed potatoes, mac and cheese and more. Food is freshly prepared to order.
Naples, Florida
“Unexpectedly good -- and reasonably prices”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

So this was a surprise. From the outside this building with it's metal roof doesn't look like much. Inside the decor is a little unfriendly too -- but the staff are the exact opposite! Very nice folks, a few professionals and -- seemingly -- a bunch of local kids. Pretty expansive lunch and dinner menus and (for those who care) a fair drinks list too. my beloved had the house salad and quiche -- which delighted her. I had the Asiago beef pannini with steak fries -- good man's food. Then we both pigged out on dessert. Virgin Dacquiris were a special treat, and all for $50 including the tip.
The area isn't exactly overrun with fine dining options ... but this is a very fair mid-level option.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Ian_Ro

Inverness, Florida, United States
“50 star restaurant”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is without a doubt one of the best restaurants that I have ever been to. The service is awesome and the food is also awesome. A bit pricy but money well spent. The perfect place for a special occasion.

Visited December 2011
Dunnellon, Florida
“Valentines Day from Hell”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Went there for a romantic dinner on Valentines Day. They had a fixed menu special for that night. I ordered a chicken marsala that came with pasta w/ red sauce &a veggie. The chicken was burnt. They put all the food on the same plate so the red sauce mixed with the marsala and vice a versa. As a result, all the flavors mixed and created one very unpleasant flavor (like dirty burnt oil). The plate was overloaded and a drippy greasy mess. It wasnt a cheap dinner either. Bentleys is a more expensive than the neighborhood places. I sent it back. It really was inedible. The owner was rude, gave me dirty looks and I was not offered anything else. I would never go back there again.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Sandy G
florida
“Great Service - Good Food”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I had lunch at this restaurant and was very pleased. The service was exceptional. The decor was nice enough not real modern but still a lovely atomosphere - tables had white table clothes..which was a nice touch. You can order from the menu or from the lunch special...For $6.00 you get a couple of choices of entrees or you can build a 1/2 sandwich with a cup soup, or side salad or other options....Not bad for the price. I ordered fried fish basket....Fish was very good...standard steak fries - no big deal and a small cup of coleslaw...Not a lot of food but for the price it was decent...I could have ordered from the menu as well....

I plan to come back for dinner....the dinner menu offered a lot of interesting options so I have high hopes our dinner experience will be as nice.

We had a terrific server - very attentive and friendly....really knew what he was doing...

Overall we had a great experience...

• Visited September 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Ok Food, Great Service and Salads”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Restaurant is in a metal structure with bad or no landscaping ( but someone actually placed their landscaping sign outside the restarant, what a way to NOT get customers). On our first visit after reading some great reviews, we were all disappointed, mark the restaurant off our list.

I had the Haddock Au Gratin which was too fishy and overdone; the mahi mahi with horseradish crust was not any better, my husband did not eat his meal. Friends steak was not tasty, she asked them to add a horseradish crust which they did upon request and she said it improved the lack of flavor, but still only so-so. The Bentlys salad was delish and everyone enjoyed that and the homemade clam chowder soup was also very good. Warm crusty bread also very good. Our server DJ was pleasant and effecient, actually want you want in a server.

• Visited August 2012