“BEST FOOD AND WORST SERVICE AROUND”

Don Pepe Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 50 Restaurants in Dunnellon
Cuisines: Mexican
Citrus Springs, Florida
“BEST FOOD AND WORST SERVICE AROUND”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We eat here 2-3 times per month...we actually just got back. It is always the same pattern...really great food at a reasonable price and absolutely horrible service. Service here means they bring your food and you have to chase them down for your check. Tonight the waiter never came back to ask how things were or for drink refills. I have had enough and did not leave a tip. Some day they will figure out that good service means good tips and bad service means low to no tips. THIS AREA REALLY NEEDS A LOT OF WORK MR OWNER!!!!!!!!

• Visited August 2014

Jacksonville, Florida
“Food good Service bad”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We tried this place on a recent visit to Dunnellon. We waited and waited for the girl behind the counter to take our name for a table and finally she just handed use a tablet to do it ourselves. She might go online and search for a personality because she didn't have one. We waited and waited with tables open for her to seat us but all she did was cash people out. Finally we just walked over and tok a table. The food turned out to be very good but Miss Personality was also our server so that was not good. Might try the place again with another server because of the food. The place has a lot of business so maybe it was just not our night.

• Visited August 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
“Pretty Good, I Love The Fact It's in an Old House!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We frequent this place, this is the ONLY place in the area that I will eat Mexican Food! I love the quaint little house it's in, I love the atmosphere! Service has always been efficient, these guys are always on the ball! I have never seen anyone just sitting around doing nothing. The food is good and at a good price. Great bottled beer choices! Always has been a wait when we arrived, always a great sign! We will definitely be back!

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank GTGT76
Ocala, Florida
“Awesome value!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

You get a very large serving for very reasonable price, especially on the lunch menu. My favorite is the Steak Fajita Taco Salad...filled with well-seasoned, tasty beef, diced tomatoes, cheese, guacamole,sour cream in a taco shell. Also available in a chicken version but I prefer the beef. Definitely authentic Mexican food here! Have NEVER been disappointed in the food when eating here. Only criticism is that they close at 2pm but at least they do reopen at 5pm.

• Visited December 2013
Wildwood, Florida
“Typical fare, good food, great service”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We went to Don Pepe for supper with family members. The salsa was awesome. Some people said it was a bit too spicy, but I loved it. I had great flavor, not too "tomatoey"...with a good bite. The chips were fresh and warm.
I ordered the chili rellenos. They were good, but not the best I have ever had. Would I go back? Sure, the food was decent. Everyone in our party liked what they had.

• Visited April 2014