“Good Food...Fair Experience”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Clearwater, Florida
“Good Food...Fair Experience”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I decided to try Spoto's when it reopened. It was closed when I first moved to the area and when it reopened I figured I'd try it since it is very close to my house and my boyfriend loves steak! We went on a Sunday night and it wasn't very busy. The hostess coldly greeted us but I was impressed by our server Robert. He was very accommodating and enthusiastic. It was happy hour until 7pm if I can remember so I ordered 2-4-1 of the house cab. I ordered the pork schnitzel which was on a section of the menu for 2-4-$26 meals. The schnitzel wasn't anywhere else on the menu so I asked if I could order it and for how much. If these menu items can be ordered individually then they should be listed as such and with the prices. The meal came with bread and a salad which were good. The pork schnitzel was very tasty though it was more like a fried pork chop. (Wasn't tenderized enough.)The veggies and noodles it came with were very fresh and delicious. My boyfriend ordered a steak and it was cooked like he likes it and was seasoned great. Although the service was awesome, the meal felt very rushed. I am not a slow drinker, but the meal was over before I was able to finish my first glass of wine! I was also a little turned off by the added gratuity. I am not sure of the reasoning for this.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Rose B

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Great Food and Drinks”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

So happy they reopened. Extensive menu, generous drinks, nightly music, good waitstaff.
Their mussels are wonderful . Hot baguette and oil and seasonings to dip into. Butter if you want.
Beef is tender and juicy, and the rest of the menu is great too. They have specials every night.
Will be returning this weekend again

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank DLC1943
FL
“Save your time and money”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We tried the "new" 580 Grill. (FKA Spotos). The waitress was the ONLY asset. She was truly professional and personable. The menu is dated and stodgy. The prime rib my wife ordered was dry and rubbery. My meatloaf was cold. Potatoes and veggies cold too. We got the feeling the chef is opening a fridge and using a microwave. Onion soup was a salt mine. Now here's the real rating killer: they add 16% tip....not an issue by its self. HOWEVER... They add it to the SALES TAX !? That is just wrong. You do not force a tip on the tax! Look at the ratio of good to poor reviews. I did too, and tried the place anyway to be objective.
Final thought:

There are many other good restaurants in Dunedin. I suggest you try them instead.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Aquanymph
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Flashback to a different time, in a good way”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Stepping into Spotos is like taking a trip back in time to the 80s. The dark woods and masculine decor of the bar give you a warm hug upon entering. There is a piano, well synthesizer, player in the back entertaining you with hits from Billy Joel, Elton John and others...but its really entertaining when he plays his trumpet too. Bartenders in tuxedo shirsts, vests and ties mix up some tasty libations. The food is ok. We had a dinner special that included appetizer, salad and two entrees for 40 bucks. The flatbread was good, salad dressing yummy and the fish we had for dinner was ok. We also had a seared tuna appetizer that was good, but small for the price.
Spotos is a good neighborhood joint for a good meal, few drinks and some entertainment. Don't expect 5 star food when you are paying 3 star prices. We had a good meal at a good price. But the atmosphere makes is worth heading back if you are nostalgia like me.

2 Thank Lisa C
Clearwater, Florida
“Good to have Spoto's back in Dunedin”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I had dinner there last night and while it's not the old Spoto's it's a nice work in progress. Very glad to have a quality steak house reopen under the Spoto banner. We will be back.

• Visited February 2014