“Delish”

Eli's BBQ
Ranked #21 of 168 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Lake Mary, Florida
“Delish”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Not fancy, but very delish. They only have outdoor seating. We got the pulled pork, chicken and baked beans. All was great, especially the chicken. Big portions at a great price.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank NinaJackson

Clearwater, Florida
“Not Impressed. ”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We live local and thought We would take some family here for lunch. We had three platters of ribs and one person had the chicken sandwich. It must have been a totally off day for them, Although this was my first experience with them. The ribs were Chewie and tough. The chicken sandwich was Very good. Two other local patrons told me they only order the chicken sandwich or pulled pork sandwich and they think that is great. I did take the ribs home since we had several leftovers and put them in my crockpot for eight hours and they came out very tender. My son ate them and said they were good. There is another rib restaurant in the downtown Duneden area, that will continue to be my favorite rib place locally. I can't say you get what you paid for, because the rack of ribs alone was $24. They do have combo meals. The coleslaw was average and the baked beans were average.

1 Thank Cindy G
Tampa
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We got the rib and pork platters. The sauces were good but nothing special. Food was pretty good. The beans were amazing!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Angela M
Crystal Beach, FL
“The Aroma Alone”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Dunedin is a charming little west Florida town where you expect to pay too much for food and homes. It gets into money magazines and is a nice place to visit, but the only fantastic food place I know there is a modest little shack on Hwy. 580, where you stand in line, order and eat outdoors. Even if you have never heard of Eli's, the wonderful aroma of barbeque done right will lure you in. The weather has to be pretty good, as it usually is in this part of the world, so you can sit on a picnic bench, under a giant laurel oak and feast on perhaps the best barbeque you've ever tasted. Everything is smoked in a building out back. There are ribs and toasted-bun sandwiches of pulled pork and beef, wonderful beans and slaw available singly or in a combination plate. With a drink, you'll spend $6-7, and you will long to come back for more. The French say "the sauce is all," and that applies here. I have rarely had a meal I like more. Trouble is, the place is only open on Friday and Saturday. Eli tried to retire years ago, but was persuaded to come back two days a week. Now, he gets help from competent family hands, and I hope it stays around forever. I only wish it was open more often.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Richard M
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Why do I have to suffer Sunday thru Thursday without this food?!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Eli continues to torture us during the week while he enjoys his retirement. Those of you who haven't stopped by when they are open on Friday and Saturday have no clue. This is the best bbq in Dunedin. Possibly in Pinellas county. Get there early so you can get the sausage. If not, the chicken is always amazing. Yes its served on what appears to be white bread, but it doesn't matter. The bread is just there to suck up the succulent juices! The next time you are out on the trail, make Eli's your rest spot and have you some bbq! Thank you Eli...please come out of retirement to feed me during the week!

Oh, and dont expect anything for ambience. You eat outside on picnic tables under the trees. Plastic wear and Styrofoam containers round out the experience. Wear bug spray if the mosquito population love you. But its all worth it!

2 Thank Lisa C

Been to Eli's BBQ? Share your experiences!