“Just a little polish needed”

Julians Little Italy
Ranked #29 of 177 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our property has a quaint, cozy and and often called romantic air... The food is prepared with love and care from the heart. Our goal is to ensure you have a great meal in a clean, cozy atmosphere at a reasonable price. We strive to improve what we do every day. Stop by for a visit... You won't be disappointed. Warm Regards, -Julian
Reviewed March 10, 2013

It smelled great upon entering the first time we went, but we ended up leaving because they didn't seem to know what they were doing. They were really confused on who was getting what table and who should be sitting where and when ... we waited a bit and left. Came back a couple days later because as I said it smelled like it would be worth it :) We were seated more quickly the second time we visited but it still seemed like they didn't really have a good handle on what server was handling what table(s). The food was tasty and the cost was reasonable. Our waiter was nice when we had the opportunity to talk to him. They seem to just need a little help at the front with coordinating who's sitting where and who gets what waiter / waitress. Also a bit of a delay upon leaving and paying the bill. But they do seems to know how to cook tasty food !!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

If you are looking for a family feel and good Italian food, this is a good place to go.

Good food, good wine selection, and very friendly service make you feel like you are in someone's home.

1  Thank Bob L
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place has great complete dinners and tasty garlic bread. There is nice cozy atmosphere and good service.

1  Thank Rick K
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Went to Julian's last night with my wife, to try something new/different. I was glad we found this little gem so close to home. Service was great, atmosphere was relaxing and calm, and the food was truly delicious! Eggplant Parmesan was very tasty, my Veal Saltimbocca (recommended by waitress) was awesome. Generous portions, i even had some of the spaghetti and marinara sauce for lunch today, and was reminded of our wonderful experience dining there last night!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Although the food has always been good my last experience listening to staff bicker in front of guests is unacceptable. As I waited for my take-out order the hostess and servers were whining about their sections and who got what table last and blah blah blah.Keep it in the kitchen not in the front of the house especially in front of customers. Meanwhile an older couple comes in and isn't even acknowledged. Finally somebody asks if they can be helped and they politely just ask to be seated. I also witnessed tables being sat and not waited on promptly because the servers are continuing to argue over section and who's turn it is. A front-of-the-house manager is definitely in order. We've eaten here 3 times in the last month but after this experience I think we'll take a break for awhile. Total turn-off. Its too bad because I always recommend it to my customers where I bar tend at. At least they got our order right this time. Last time we got home with somebody elses order.