“Embarrassment and terrible customer service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Moffat's Cup of Tea
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Homosassa, Florida
“Embarrassment and terrible customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

My husband bought a group on gift for me for High Tea at Moffats . I was very excited even though it is 50 miles from our house I was really looking forward to it. He made a reservation for 1.00pm on Sat Mar 22nd weeks in advance. Off we went on Sat to enjoy what we anticipated would be a wonderful High Tea. We arrived a little early to be told there was no reservation. We waited in the store part of the tea rooms for 20 mins to be told that that the owner had no booking for us, that they had a problem with a previous employee and bookings. They was no availability and we would have to come back some other time. I realize mistakes can be made the but owner Ailean could have come out to apologize to us, made some sort of accommodation instead of sending us on our back home another 50 miles. To be left waiting for 20 mins while they decided if a Groupon was worth redeeming on a Saturday and to be embarrassed among the other guests was inexcusable, will never go back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Geraldine P

“Tiny Pretty Tea Room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We went as a group of four and had the place to ourselves. The tea room itself is teeny but sweetly decorated with china, teapots, lace, and pastels. Overall, the inside is pretty and the food is tasty.

The tomato bisque, chicken salad croissants, and cucumber sandwiches were ridiculously good. The raspberry tea is also quite good. Mimosa serving was so small as to not even bother and the ham quiche was just average.

Communication was a bit troubling, but all came out okay.

After attempting to make a reservation over the phone with several non-returned messages, I stopped by in person. The owner was understandably flustered because she was there by herself. I made the appointment with her and mentioned that the table should be vegetarian because we have dietary restrictions ranging from no beef or pork to no animals at all.

When we arrived though, the chef/server/hostess (again just one person) wasn't sure what time our appointment was. We were served ham quiche even though we had requested a vegetarian service, but the server made an extra plate of veggie finger sandwiches and all was okay.

The owner was flustered and the server was a nice lady who was stressed and making due with what she had and with no help. It seems like most of the issues with communication and service could be fixed by hiring more people.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Kay Z
Tampa Florida
“Excellent Quaint Little Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

A good friend took me here for my birthday today and I highly recommend this tea house.
We started with mimosas and raspberry hot tea which was delicious. Then we had crab bisque-which was some of the best crab bisque I have ever had. Next they served an individual spinach quiche with a homemade crust to die for. Then they gave us chicken salad on a croissant with cranberries. This was my favorite. Also other tea sandwiches, Chocolate buttery scones (that were amazing), banana bread, chocolate covered strawberries etc. The food was more than enough. As a matter of fact we even took some home because we were so full. It was all more delicious than the next. And you could tell that everything was made fresh. The offerings change seasonally and I am sure all the food would be good not matter what season you go. The owner Ailean who came out to greet us was very personable and told us stories about her hometown.
I can't wait to take my sister there or out of towners, I know they will love it. It is actually behind a Scottish restaurant called Gaelic that is also part of the Tea House so when looking for the restaurant look for the Gaelic and it will be right behind it attached to that restaurant. Would highly recommend this restaurant for a girl’s lunch, brunch, baby shower, bridal shower etc. You won’t be disappointed. It might be a little pricey for some but in my opinion for a special lunch out with friends or family it is worth it. Very enjoyable lunch P.S. When making your reservation we were told that if you have special dietary restrictions she will do her best to accommodate you but you do have to let them know ahead of time.

• Visited February 2014