“Great for your grandparents”
Review of Kally-K's Steakery Fishery - CLOSED

Kally-K's Steakery Fishery
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Kind of an older person hang out. This is especially true in the season. Its not horrible but its one of those places who puts you on the salad bar to postpone the slow dinner. I have been here several times. I have had pasta....NOT.....Also pork chops, Horrible and tough. The chicken Marsala was actually good and it did come with pasta. It is a big place and has a decent selection. It just seems a bit of a place where your grandparents would enjoy hanging out

1  Thank J G

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We had a small business meeting here and so had a room to ourselves. My husband and I shared a Ceasar's Salad wrap with steak fries. The wrap was ok - the fries were good. A reviewer mentioned this place was like a diner - and I agree. Desert was standard diner cheese cake, which was good, and the coffee was very good.
This place is dated, with dirty carpeting. I know we'll be meeting here again, so I won't look down at the floor next time!

1  Thank mimjoe
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We recently received a newcomers coupon and tried this restaurant out. It has a salad bar and that is the highlight of the experience. And it isn't really the highlight. Bland entrees are what we were served. Old and tired decor. Why they are busy is a mystery to us. But the prices are low....maybe that is the answer. Spend a few more dollars and pick somewhere else.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Visited for 1st time. Ordered a sirloin & it was good. Salad bar included with dinners. Everything very fresh. Very busy place. I arrived during early bird hours so it was mostly seniors. Service was good. All in all, a good experience & I will go again.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I live here in Dunedin, Florida. Along with myself, my husband and my 8 yr old son we went to Kally K's for the first time tonight. When we first pulled in the parking lot was packed so I said to my husband this a good sign and he said yes considering all the awards they got, I researched this place before we went for prices and the menu and found that this place was supposed to be excellent. When we first came in, the hostess didnt even say hello...."3" is all she said and I said yes then she walked away as if we were supposed to magically know we were to follow her. She sat us about 8 feet from the hostess booth and front door. We decided on what we were going to get and sat and waited for the waiter or waitress to come back for our drink orders. Well, we waited and waited and waited for 10 minutes before anyone even acknowledged us. Another waitress walked by the table beside us and asked if everything was ok so far and still we sat there as if we were invisible. I said to my family "do you have to be a senior in order to get service here?" Meanwhile the hostess walked by us numerous times acknowledging the fact that we were ready to order as the menus were closed and we were engaging in conversation with each other but still nothing. Not even a word from her or any other employee that works there. At this point we had decided leave just because of the ignorance from hostess as we came in and the amount of time that had gone by until a server got to us. When the server got to our table I immediately asked for the manager, she was polite and said yes no problem. When the manager came to our table, it turned out to be the rude hostess, When she got there the first thing she said was "I'm sorry, we are busy and we are short staffed". I told her I understand that and I worked in the business and have been there but instead of being ignorant and rude, you should tell the customer that in the beginning so the customer knows what to expect at that point. I understand that they were busy but instead of pretending we werent there, how about telling us that from the beginning and actually acknowledging we are there since the table beside us at least got the "is everything ok so far". The manager talked to 2 older men (who seemed to be regulars) when they came in but we didnt even get a hello. When I expressed our concerns she didnt seem to care. I told her I dont know how they got all these awards with such poor service. I do not recommend this restaurant to anyone who is not a regular or if you are not a senior.

1  Thank Dbbsoccergirl