“Much more than I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kelly's

Kelly's
Ranked #5 of 168 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Port Richey, Florida
“Much more than I expected”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We've walked past Kelly's dozens of times while downtown in Dunedin. Finally, today, we ventured inside and had a very enjoyable lunch. Market day is hectic, so we had a short wait, but we were greeted promptly and, after being seated, were left in the hands of our attentive waiter, Bob.

Soup of the day was cajun chicken and black eyed peas, which proved to be a rich concoction of beans and broth. We had three orders of the Chili Lime Chicken, a zesty combination of citrus and pepper. Add to that one Spinach and Arugula Salad, made with almonds, dried cranberries, gorgonzola and yellow cherry tomatoes, served with a fantastic warm bacon apple cider vinaigrette dressing. And I personally recommend the Mufaletta, a spicy combination of pepperoni, capicola and salami with two cheeses and a tasty olive tapenade.

I’ll end by adding that their iced tea is some of the best I’ve had outside of my own kitchen, and Bob was very good about keeping our glasses filled, while others made sure that our plates were removed from the table as soon as we finished with them.

We finished our meal with Kelly's own recipe white chocolate pecan pie, and key lime pie. Both made a perfect ending. We ate inside, as the weather was very warm, but I'm looking forward to sampling some of their dinner entrées on the back patio.

2 Thank Tom B

Dunedin, Florida
“Nice place - good breakfast”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

A little hard to get into over the weekend for breakfast - and very crowded. If you are meeting someone make sure everyone is on time, because they will not seat you alone. A little different, but I understand they do not want to tie up tables.

Food is average, but servers are so much fun. They are so funny they could open on Jimmy Fallon!!

Visited June 2013
“Very tasty breakfast”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Had a great breakfast here. There was a bit of a wait to get seated as there was a queue, but worth the wait. Not only was the food delicious, but the waiter I got was very friendly, and chatted while I waited for my food (I was eating by myself).

clearwater
“Best breakfast around”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

While my dad was in town, we went to breakfast with my grandparents, before a bike ride on the trail. Seriously the best pancakes. I've been to Kelly's several times, but not for pancakes. I will start by saying I was disappointed at the waitress's initial interaction with us. I forgot to tell the hostess my grandparents were on their way so she sat us outside. When the waitress came over and I said we had 4 people, she was kind of rude, saying they don't usually seat people until everyone is there. (it was 9am and there were only 2 tables with people) SHe warmed up after that and was nice, but I was displeased with her attitude and my dad noticed as well. I understand that policy, but there were much better ways to approach that with us, but at that point maybe it wasn't even necessary...I also had bacon, scrambled eggs, and potatoes, (no, I didn't need all that but yes, I ate it because it was so good!) My grandparents had the yogurt and fruit, which was an impressive assortment of fruits. THey seemed to enjoy all their food, as well. The outdoor seating is beautiful, under trees. A nice breeze and shady spot, perfect for this time of year.

“The wait is worth it.”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The wait is well worth it. Very good breakfast and lunch. I loved their bloody mary's. I thought the service was also very good even when they are busy, which is very hard to find.

• Visited April 2014