“Delicious food, atmosphere and staff.”
Review of Cafe Alfresco

Cafe Alfresco
Ranked #2 of 171 Restaurants in Dunedin
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A wonderful Cafe situated on the Pinellas Trail in the heart of Downtown Dunedin. Featuring an eclectic menu ranging from New England Lobster Rolls, & Chicken or Vegetable Curry to Slow Roasted Full Racks of Ribs & Pan seared Sea Scallops.
Orlando, Florida
“Delicious food, atmosphere and staff.”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stopped for lunch on our way to our hotel in Clearwater Beach. What a great discovery. The restaurant is very nice and clean. The wait staff are the friendliest, down to earth people. The food was simply delicious. I ordered the Lobster Roll and a salad. It was one of the best I've ever had! My husband ordered the Fish and Chips with coleslaw. His fish was flakey and the batter was so good. He particularly loved the cole slaw and fries as the fries were lightly battered and had a really good taste. Our 7 year old had just eaten so she opted for the huge piece of Chocolate Mousse Cake which was yummy!

The prices were really reasonable and the portions were the right size. I can't wait to pass through again and try another wonderful dish. The menu has a really good variety for all tastes. And, the kids menu was the best I've seen.

Definitely give it a taste if your in the area. You won't be disappointed.

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Dunedin review of good food”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had read about this place before eating dinner here with my family. Service and waiter were excellent. Seated quickly, great view of downtown area of Dunedin, charming place, and good place to eat and have conversation. Food did not disappoint and highly recommend if you are in the area. We had a family dinner. I ordered the seared tuna sesemee asian salad and it was awesome. Tuna was outstanding. Check out menu before going as they do lunch and dinner and have a great selection of desserts as well. Happy eating and enjoy.

• Visited July 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Get the cuban sandwich”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Although they have a great menu with lots of options, go for the cuban sandwich. It is perfectly made with crispy bread and is so so delicious!

Tampa, Florida
“Nice, Quiet early dinner”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I went to Dunedin for our Anniversary weekend and decided to try dinner on Saturday at Café Alfresco. It was very nice and most of the food items were very good. We especially like their signature appetizer, Feta Alfresco. My husband had the Fish (Cod) & Chips, while I had the Lobster Salad. I was not impressed with the taste of the lobster salad...though it did not have a lot of filler - which did impress me, it seemed to maybe not be as fresh as it could have been. I did enjoy the fruit salad (very fresh and tasty), while my husband said the cod was good. Our Server, Daniel from Texas, was very attentive, but not too much, and friendly. We will definitely return and try other menu items (and I will get the Feta Alfresco again). Desserts looked very good, but we were too full and decided to go to Strachan's for ice cream later that evening.

Alexander P, Manager at Cafe Alfresco, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
I am happy to hear that your overall experience was a good one. I appreciate your comments on the Lobster salad. In out continuing attempts to keep our prices as reasonable as possible we occasionally work with different suppliers. That said, taste and quality are far more important than cost. Rest assured your next Lobster Salad will be at or above the standard we require. I look forward to your next visit and hope that you would be kind enough to introduce yourself to me so I can thank you for your feedback in person.
Palm Harbor, Florida
“It was nice, not special”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Ate here with friends for dinner. The chicken parm was good, but not special. The key lime pie was ok, but I would not get again. The server was very nice, and the place was very clean and bright.

Alexander P, Manager at Cafe Alfresco, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Café. I would like to touch base with you and find what you'd like to see/taste to improve our Chicken Parmigiana recipe. I'd further appreciate the opportunity to demonstrate what we are capable of. We have quite a varied menu and a fairly eclectic selection from a wide range of cultures and international/American cuisine. Please call me at 727-736-4299 or send me an email to ASPeacock@cafealfresco.com

Alexander Peacock