“Nice, Quiet early dinner”
Review of Cafe Alfresco

Cafe Alfresco
Ranked #2 of 173 Restaurants in Dunedin
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A wonderful Cafe situated on the Pinellas Trail in the heart of Downtown Dunedin. Featuring an eclectic menu ranging from New England Lobster Rolls, & Chicken or Vegetable Curry to Slow Roasted Full Racks of Ribs & Pan seared Sea Scallops.
Tampa, Florida
“Nice, Quiet early dinner”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I went to Dunedin for our Anniversary weekend and decided to try dinner on Saturday at Café Alfresco. It was very nice and most of the food items were very good. We especially like their signature appetizer, Feta Alfresco. My husband had the Fish (Cod) & Chips, while I had the Lobster Salad. I was not impressed with the taste of the lobster salad...though it did not have a lot of filler - which did impress me, it seemed to maybe not be as fresh as it could have been. I did enjoy the fruit salad (very fresh and tasty), while my husband said the cod was good. Our Server, Daniel from Texas, was very attentive, but not too much, and friendly. We will definitely return and try other menu items (and I will get the Feta Alfresco again). Desserts looked very good, but we were too full and decided to go to Strachan's for ice cream later that evening.

Alexander P, Manager at Cafe Alfresco, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
I am happy to hear that your overall experience was a good one. I appreciate your comments on the Lobster salad. In out continuing attempts to keep our prices as reasonable as possible we occasionally work with different suppliers. That said, taste and quality are far more important than cost. Rest assured your next Lobster Salad will be at or above the standard we require. I look forward to your next visit and hope that you would be kind enough to introduce yourself to me so I can thank you for your feedback in person.

Palm Harbor, Florida
“It was nice, not special”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Ate here with friends for dinner. The chicken parm was good, but not special. The key lime pie was ok, but I would not get again. The server was very nice, and the place was very clean and bright.

Alexander P, Manager at Cafe Alfresco, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Café. I would like to touch base with you and find what you'd like to see/taste to improve our Chicken Parmigiana recipe. I'd further appreciate the opportunity to demonstrate what we are capable of. We have quite a varied menu and a fairly eclectic selection from a wide range of cultures and international/American cuisine. Please call me at 727-736-4299 or send me an email to ASPeacock@cafealfresco.com

Alexander Peacock
Sanford, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not only was the food amazing but the server made my day.”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Not only was the food amazing but the server made my day.... after a long bike ride, we stopped for a break and a bite to eat. Since we were riding bikes I didn't have my glasses with me. As we were seated I made a comment about my glasses and our server, I think his name was Phillip, was very helpful. He was a bit flamboyant and I totally loved it. He and I chatted while I borrowed his glasses to read the many tasty items on the menu. Throughout our lunch he checked on us often (but not too much) and made sure everything was wonderful. It was a much needed meal to get us back on the bikes and headed toward that bridge. We will definitely go back when we are in the area.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank LCBayer
“Father's Day Surprise”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Cafe Alfresco in Dunedin located on Florida's West Coast was one of the best Father's Day brunch destinations in years. Manager Alexander Peacock and his outstanding wait staff made this special day a culinary delight easily overcoming the usual over-crowded conditions and poor service found on holiday occasions in many restaurants. We were warmly greeted at the door and promptly seated followed by the appearance of one of the many servers for which Café Alfresco is known throughout the community. The menu covered a wide variety of tastes ranging from the basic to very special offerings like their signature Corned Beef Hash...good enough to rub in your hair! A menu item offered only on Sundays and as one of my favorites, I consider it the best home-made hash in Pinellas County. Café Alfresco is a "top of the bucket list" for brunch and dinner in Dunedin.

Alexander P, Manager at Cafe Alfresco, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
I remember speaking with you. Sitting under the 2 top with the bicycle photo beside you. I can only say that I could only hope to enjoy time with more guests that are as friendly and wonderful as yourselves. And though I may not have ever heard the expression of "Rub your hair in it" I have every intention of using that line myself as soon as I figure out when it's appropriate for a Restaurant Manager to use it to describe the food...Look forward to seeing you again!
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Great dinner with a view of the Pinellas Trail and downtown Dunedin”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This restaurant is currently owned by Bon Appetit in Dunedin. It is a casual dining locale with a pretty view of the Pinellas Trail and Dunedin. It is a local hot spot and is frequented by locals and tourists alike. The servers are professional and attentive.

• Visited April 2014