“Best night of my life... next to my wedding day!”

The Black Pearl Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 172 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At the Black Pearl Restaurant, creating a one of a kind dining experience is our goal, every dish from the warm ciabatta bread to the homemade vanilla bean ice cream is made in house, and to order especially for you. We believe life is too short to eat bad food.
Riverview, Florida
“Best night of my life... next to my wedding day!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband chose the Black Pearl to surprise me with a proposal on Christmas Eve. He didn't have a clue what he was doing, and the restaurant had no idea what was happening until I went to the ladies room and he let them know what he was trying to accomplish. They were very happy to play a role in our special night. Outside of the fact that it was an amazing night for me personally, the food was absolutely outstanding. Our server made an appetizer suggestion and he couldn't have been more right. The place is beautiful, the owners are friendly and our server was very attentive. I love this place and it's special memories it holds for me as well as the food is to die for.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank KGuinn1

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“AH-mazing!! ”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

YUM YUM YUM!! Need another word? delicious!! Scallop appetizers - Yum, spinach salad- yum, grouper/ribeye combo - yum!Lobster corn chowder (soup of the day) -yum!! Kids meal -yum. Waitstaff awesome!! A little wait but hey it's the beach.. Expect it!! Accept it!! Worth the wait!!

Park Ridge, NJ
“It Doesn't Get Much Better than the Black Pearl”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This little store front on Main Street in Dunedin is an absolute gem and provides the finest dining experience you could ask for. The room is small, dark and candlelit - romantic. The servers are experienced, pleasant, knowledgable and aim to please. They are happy to see you.

But the thing that sets the Black Pearl apart is the food. Susan and I have eaten there more than a dozen times and we've had at least a fabulous meal every time and an extraordinary meal some times. Our most recent meal was extraordinary. The White truffle lobster risotto was one of the top 5 meals of my life. My wife and I share the Tart Tartin with vanilla ice cream for dessert and it's a delight. (You have to try the Black Pearl licorice ice cream at least once.)

The food is creative, artfully constructed and delicious. I can't say more. I can't wait to get back there.

• Visited May 2014
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Quaint little restaurant in Dunedin”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Jack and I decided to try something different. So we called for reservations and landed a table for 8pm. We arrived 10 minutes early so the maitre d offered
us the wine menu while they were readying our table. This is our first visit in about 9 years and not much has changed. The atmosphere is lovely. Dark, cool and romantic. Beautiful long stem red roses adorned the tables. Shiny silver and crystal. Pretty napkins folded into birds of paradise.

The weeks menu had a baked brie in puffed pastry. Delicious. Warm brandy cherries added a magical touch of sweetness along with a pistachio crunch. The house salad that accompanies you meal is delicious. The warm dressing is flavorful and the gorgonzola hides throughout to surprise the tastebuds.

For dinner, Jack had the special Sea bass. It was wrapped and encrusted iwth shoestring potatoes. Served with creamy polenta and veggies, not much made it back to the kitchen. I had the lobster risotto. Bit was creamy, cheesy and delicious. It's a big portion, so I look forward to finishing it tomorrow for lunch. We were too stuffed to try desert, but they looked good.

Many of the diners were there for special occasions. A birthday, an anniversary. I can see why they would chose this place. Our server was very attentive without hoovering. His menu suggestions and descriptions were right on.

The only thing I would change is they only have wine and beer. My meal would have been so much better with a Martini. While the wine was good, it just didn't do it. Many of you will probably disagree, but it's my prerogative. Vodka trumps wine ever time.

Overall a lovely meal in a quaint restaurant.

4 Thank Lisa C
“Beautiful Food”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The staff was perfect, the food was excellent, the wine was awesome! We were there with our 2 year old daughter and they were so awesome with her. No children's menu, but she loved the Lobster Risotto and Chilean Sea Bass!

Visited May 2014