“Great Every Year”

Ranked #11 of 171 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: At the Black Pearl Restaurant, creating a one of a kind dining experience is our goal, every dish from the warm ciabatta bread to the homemade vanilla bean ice cream is made in house, and to order especially for you. We believe life is too short to eat bad food.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Every Year”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Once a year my wife and I visit Dunedin, and we always go to the Black Pearl-- sometimes more then once. Perfect service, wonderful atmosphere, and the highest quality food.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank quaker79

Clearwater, Florida
“Great place for a romantic evening.”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I took my wife here as a surprise because her parents have told us many nice thing about The Black Pearl and we wanted to experience it first hand. I made the reservation a little over a week in advance. This was an early Valentines Day dinner. The food was very good and the atmosphere was nice with a romantic feel to it. For the money it was a good experience. My wife had the steak and I the stuffed chicken, both very tasty. Unfortunately we did have an issue when we first arrived. My reservation was not on the list for the evening. The server / host disappeared and came back saying they would make room for us BUT we had to come back an hour later and they offered desert for the inconvenience. I had to call my baby sitter and let her know of the time and it started raining outside so we just hid in a small area in downtown until the hour was up. I am not one to complain much, they did a fantastic job, the service was good but in the end, I found when I got home, that the desert was not free but did taste fantastic. It was the apple tart or something...I also had to order the crème brule which was good too.

• Visited February 2012
Tampa, Florida
“Intimate atmosphere, delectable food”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stopped in without reservation on Saturday at 7:30 (not suggested) and immediately seated at small table. Restaurant holds about 35 folks, dimly lit with great sound deadening wall and ceiling treatments. Had the Mother of Pearl oysters (you may need to order when you make reservation as they are fresh that day and they run out). Absolutely superb pork Osso Bucco and an appetizer turned to main course of maple infused pork belly (takes 3 days to make). Excellent service, very nice surroundings and an eclectic menu. Probably the best restaurant I have tried in Tampa Bay region (been here 20 years). In the very hip downtown Dunedin area. Only downside is beer and wine only. $50 per person.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank cyantist
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“gastronomic destination resort”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I discovered the 'Black Pearl' three years ago on a serendipitous wrong turn from Pensacola to Key West. I have waxed poetic to my friends about it since then. I finally got the chance to take two of them there this January and they haven't shut up about it since then. My friend Linda was even offered the opportunity to visit the kitchen where she was treated to a 'taste' of Black Pearl hospitality and everything else cooking at the time. If you ever get the chance to go to Dunedin, don't pass it by..... one of the two best restaurants in Florida..... Louie's Back yard is the other. Bob Patroni, pensacola, fl. rpatroni@floridazesailing.com

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank CaptBob P
Covington, Washington
“Food was decent, but the staff take themselves way to seriously...”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Nothing noteworthy. Food was good, but the atmosphere was a bit too stuffy for my liking...

Visited January 2012