“Pluses and Minuses”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Clearwater, Florida
“Pluses and Minuses”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Wife and I had lunch here on a Sunday in September. Enjoyed the breeze and view from the deck. Hostess was very cooperative in letting us choose where we wanted to sit. Service was okay but not anything special. Wife had fish sandwich which she said was okay. I had Blackened Mixed Grill which the server said could be fixed grilled (not blackened) which was over $15.00. Salad plate was chilled but salad was dry. When server brought my order I thought at first it was an appetizer. The shrimp were so small I thought they might be bay scallops. No vegetables served with the order. A little bit of wild rice. You leave hungry. Poor value for cost.

• Visited September 2012

Dunedin, Florida
“Sylvia Does Magic with Shrimp & Grits”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I had the classic southern dish, shrimp & grits, while visiting Charleston, SC, this summer. When some friends from out of town asked me to join them at Sea Sea Riders - which is a whole 2 blocks from my home - I readily accepted because I've been there many times. When I saw the Shrimp & Grits entree, at first I thought, "Nah, not going to waste my time, it can't be as good as what I had in the "real" south." (We here that a lot here in Florida, and it causes a bit of an identity crisis.) But, I got it anyway, and it was delicious - maybe even better than the great dish I had up north there in South Carolina. Our server was attentive and quick, and Sea Sea's decor and setting were wonderful, as always.

• Visited September 2012
Southington, Connecticut
“Just OK”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I stopped in to Sea Sea Riders for lunch and recently had a similar lunchl at Peggy O'Neills. The salads at Sea Sea Rider were worse and the sweet ice tea was not sweet.(we had to send them back and they were still watery)... and while our waitress was attentive we paid $10 more than at Peggy O'Neills for the same lunch.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Rich334
Clearwater, Florida
“Good food”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This restaurant has verandah dining facing the main street, do not be deterred it is fine and the food and service are excellent. Casual Florida and Caribbean style food.b

Visited August 2012
Belleair, Florida
“try the blackened mixed grille”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

"wow" says is all, great place, great staff, has parking, close to the water, good value, liked the decor, dine inside or on veranda

Visited July 2012