“Secret Italian Jem in Dunedin”

La Trattoria Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 175 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Amazing food, excellent quality, cozy atmosphere. No menu, just ask for whatever you want straight from Italy.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I’ve written about my opinion of this fine restaurant many times, so tonight I’m writing about the opinion of about 30 other patrons. Apparently, they had made reservations for an office party at another restaurant, which was shuttered when they arrived.
Someone, who I really respect, decided to see if La Trattoria could take them - it was a Tuesday, BTW, which means, like most restaurants the staff was skeleton. Not only was the party accommodated, but they closed the restaurant to ensure that the office group was properly taken care of. (We showed up after they had all been served, so Marie took pity on us and let us in). Anyway, when the group finished and Deo thanked them for coming, they heartily applauded, cheered rather loudly and some even gave a standing ovation.
Now, seriously… when was the last time you saw THAT at a restaurant? (Oh, and our dinner was perfect, as always!)

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Hey if you go… and you like Bleu cheeses, you gotta try the Gorgonzola sauce. It took us a while and when we did… we were kicking ourselves that we didn’t try it sooner. If you have doubts, just get it on a side of pasta as an appetizer and, I promise, you won’t regret it. It’s great on pasta and on steaks or filets. Seriously… it’s the closest thing your tongue can have to an orgasm!

Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful food!! Everything was fresh and made to order! They brought out cuts of meat/seafood and then told you what they could make with it all. It was fun and delicious. Great people, service and experience.

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

I was visiting Tampa with friends when they mentioned this amazing place. I thought it was refreshing to have the choice to bring your own wine in even if there is a cork fee. We started with an appetizer sampler. I loved the balsamic marinated portabella mushrooms and eggplant roll the best. I had a juicy ribeye with brandy and mushroom sauce with fetuccine alfredo to die for!!! Also when you add parm cheese to the pasta it goes to another level. Others seemed to enjoy mozzarella stuffed pork chop. I sampled veal Parm and veal with the pink amaretto cream sauce and both were a-mazing! For dessert we tried everything including expresso. My favorite was Italian cheesecake and the tiramisu. Most reviewers were great by saying come in with an open mind and no expectations and you will be pleasantly surprised. Go with what you know you like and then get creative. The lady serving us was a gem and knows how to satisfy. If you dream it they can make it!!!!!