“Great Pasta”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Reviewed March 15, 2014

There are lots of items on the menu but we all had pasta so I can't comment on meat and fish dishes. But the pastas were excellent as were the house salad, appys and deserts!

1  Thank John3554

Reviewed March 13, 2014

The warmth of Pensare fills the heart with its bustling, but welcoming atmosphere. You may find it cheesy, but I have worked in hospitality for nearly 3 decades. It is exquisite. I did not have a reservation, but the owners themselves have found me a cozy seat at the bar amongst those awaiting a table. I am here alone and for the first time, but feel right at home as a guest. They obviously do not know my background. I have heard A LOT of great things about Pensare, and had to break down and try it for myself.
It is TRULY beyond expectation. Not just for myself, but for the patrons I am speaking with this evening. I have met those here for the first time, and those that are "regulars", and for very good reason.
Pick your pleasure...the House Merlot, the House Cabernet Sauvignon; both being incredible... IF red is your color.The Bruschetta is DIVINE.THE best I have EVER had. Simple and balanced, all at the same time. The right amount of everything. And I DO mean all capitals, thank you.
I had to comment on the Chicken Parmigiana to the lady next to me stating, "That looks amazing...", and she responded friendly, but firmly, "EVERYTHING HERE IS AMAZING..." and with authority, too. "Respect" to the lady in the gold and black striped sweater.
The shrimp is "ginormous", and the Lemon Cello dessert played ME like a string instrument! Seriously, you HAVE to try this. Light and heavenly yet not overbearing all at the same time. Finish that Cabernet and end it with an exquisite Espresso and your evening of flavor dancing is complete. I speak from experience. Just go home and sleep and wake with the great pleasure of what you have the opportunity to experience in Florida, especially Tampa Bay. I have worked for great Chefs, but...WOW. WOW. The service is great, ( Thank you William-per my place at the bar) , the atmosphere is awesome, (great jazz no matter who you are) and the experience...you will have to have on your own. I loved mine, and I truly believe you will love yours too. I have fallen for a good man for sure, but I do have a "crush" on Pensare. I even got to taste the shrimp and scallop with spicy marinara (per a regular) and it is beyond SO delicious. I will have that next visit. If you are in town close to the weekend, i.e. Thursday through Sunday, CALL for a reservation. I WAS LUCKY AT THE BAR!! Otherwise Monday to Wednesday you may get a table on walk in, but call anyway ( I asked so I could return with ease). I will return as soon as I can. I have to, as there are not many places like this in all Florida. And I do speak from experience.

1  Thank Lise E
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Extremely good Italian food, well deserving of the rave reviews we'd read on Yelp before going there.

1  Thank Whrlygrl
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Pensare is one of our favorite places to eat in Dunedin. This white table cloth restaurant serves excellent food at reasonable prices. When the weather is nice we prefer the outside porch area overlooking the main street of old Dunedin. For our recent lunch I ordered the Vitello Marsala which is veal sauteed in marsala wine and garlic and topped with mushrooms. It was wonderful! Next time you are in Dunedin, try Pensare. You'll be glad you did.

1  Thank floridat610
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wow, this place is awesome! Best restaurant for a special meal (birthday, anniversary) in the Dunedin area by far.

Started out with some perfectly mixed Kettle One dirty martinis and Bresaola (cured beef with arugula, fresh lemon juice, olive oil and parmigiano reggiano) which was absolutely awesome - could have eaten this and the warm crusty bread with herbed olive oil for my meal and been so happy. For my entree I ordered Chicken Marco (sautéed chicken covered with cooked arugula and mozzarella cheese in a cream sauce) - delicious. BF ordered Veal Saltimbocca and loved it. Entrees are served with soup or salad, I ordered the house salad and BF ordered the spinach salad - lovely greens and you make the dressing with olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the table. For dessert we received a lovely little chocolate cake (because it was my birthday!) and our friends ordered a slice of Lemoncello cake that was delicious also.

The service was outstanding. The prices for a restaurant of this caliber are reasonable (around $20 for an entree with soup/salad and sides). I had heard it was very pricy and everything a la carte and that is not the case at all.

Side note: while the outdoor patio looks very casual the inside is more upscale and therefore attire seems to be more sophisticated than the usual shorts and t-shirts. Also, the 4 top that we sat at inside felt a little cluttered with the full table setting (or too small for the place setting) - my 6'6" BF felt a bit like a giant and kept hitting the bread & butter plate with his menu ;)