“Outstanding Italian Food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We dined at this amazing restaurant. The wait was reasonable, but the experience we had was just short of fantastic! The food was outstanding and is safe to say that Pinellas County finally has a real great restaurant. The pasta was truly homemade, and the seafood was just caught.
I can't say enough about the staff and how good this food really was. This is a real 5 star restaurant.
My compliments to the owners for an outstanding restaurant. This the best restaurant since moving to Florida from New York 13 years ago. GREAT JOB MIKE!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had a wonderful meal at Pensare - the best meal we've had since moving to Florida. The food was terrific and the décor was elegant and very unusual. We enjoyed it very much, and will visit again.

When we arrived, we sat at the bar for a drink until our table was ready. Since we knew we'd want wine with dinner, we ordered a bottle to start at the bar and finish at our table. This created the only sour note of the evening, as our waiter was clearly annoyed that the wine had already been paid for. This made for some surly service. Hope the management sorts this out; it's a great restaurant otherwise!

1  Thank susanu
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had a wonderful meal for my birthday, everything was delicious, appetizers entrees and desserts! Service was impeccable and atmosphere was lovely!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I really wanted to love this place, and apparently a lot of people do. We are residents of this area and are well familiar with all the great dining opportunities Dunedin has to offer. We made reservations for 7:30 and were seated promptly. Our waiter was professional and "Italian sounding." We ordered a bottle of a Sicilian wine and it was served properly. I noticed that at a nearby table where an apparent regular was seated, he was served wine with great fanfare, decanting, aerating, etc. I ordered Veal Contadina and my wife ordered Saltimbocca. It took over an hour for our entrees to be served and when they came, they were the wrong dishes. Waiter quickly straightened things out. The tomato sauce on my dish was too acidic for my taste, but the side vegetables were very good. Wife's dish was better, but certainly not 5 star. Overall, very good, but certainly not outstanding.

2  Thank Len V
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I had the salmon aspargi and my husband had an unusual salmon with strawberries, each for $ 20.00. Service was fast and they easily fit us in despite not having a reservation.
My salmon was slightly overcooked but overwise very nice. The sauce was a beurre blanc which was amazing, rich and flavorful and best of all for me because I'm lo-carb, flourless. George said that his dish was an interesting combination of tastes and I think he would have licked his plate.