“Elegant Atmosphere and Food”
Review of Pensare Italian Bistro - CLOSED

Pensare Italian Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had a wonderful meal at Pensare - the best meal we've had since moving to Florida. The food was terrific and the décor was elegant and very unusual. We enjoyed it very much, and will visit again.

When we arrived, we sat at the bar for a drink until our table was ready. Since we knew we'd want wine with dinner, we ordered a bottle to start at the bar and finish at our table. This created the only sour note of the evening, as our waiter was clearly annoyed that the wine had already been paid for. This made for some surly service. Hope the management sorts this out; it's a great restaurant otherwise!

1  Thank susanu
There are newer reviews for Pensare Italian Bistro

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had a wonderful meal for my birthday, everything was delicious, appetizers entrees and desserts! Service was impeccable and atmosphere was lovely!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I really wanted to love this place, and apparently a lot of people do. We are residents of this area and are well familiar with all the great dining opportunities Dunedin has to offer. We made reservations for 7:30 and were seated promptly. Our waiter was professional and "Italian sounding." We ordered a bottle of a Sicilian wine and it was served properly. I noticed that at a nearby table where an apparent regular was seated, he was served wine with great fanfare, decanting, aerating, etc. I ordered Veal Contadina and my wife ordered Saltimbocca. It took over an hour for our entrees to be served and when they came, they were the wrong dishes. Waiter quickly straightened things out. The tomato sauce on my dish was too acidic for my taste, but the side vegetables were very good. Wife's dish was better, but certainly not 5 star. Overall, very good, but certainly not outstanding.

2  Thank Len V
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I had the salmon aspargi and my husband had an unusual salmon with strawberries, each for $ 20.00. Service was fast and they easily fit us in despite not having a reservation.
My salmon was slightly overcooked but overwise very nice. The sauce was a beurre blanc which was amazing, rich and flavorful and best of all for me because I'm lo-carb, flourless. George said that his dish was an interesting combination of tastes and I think he would have licked his plate.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was our first time eating at this restaurant. We're visiting from out of town and wanted to try it out as it was recommended to us. The food was great and the atmosphere was charming. We were seated right away and were immediately greeted by our waiter. After taking our initial order, the visits from the waiter were few and far between. Little attention was paid to our table, while all the other tables around us were served by waiters who treated the other guests like royalty. It took me a while, but it eventually dawned on me that our waiter wasn't dressed like the rest of the staff and that we were quite possibly his only table. I'm not sure if he was the bartender, or new, or what the deal was, but the lack of service (I don't think a water glass or beverage should ever be empty for longer than a minute or two at a restaurant to this caliber) really ruined the meal for us. Not worth the $60 in my opinion.

1  Thank th81387