“Incredible!”

Cross street: Main Street
Dunedin, Florida
“Incredible!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The food is delicious and the service is excellent. This is a gem in a little town with a number of excellent restaurants. They are still in the shake down phase, but I know it's going to be a longtime favorite of ours!

oldsmar
“disappointing”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

we visited at 5pm on a very unbusy thursday evening. We were the only table filled outside and inside very few tables were taken. We ordered Carbonara and veal piccata. 45 minutes went by before dinner appeared.

The carbonara was a disaster. The eggs had been scrambled and the dish was bland. (awful)

The veal was good but on the tough side.

All in all we were very dissapointed.

3 Thank tim t
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Thought we'd give it a try.”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

A friend and I had dinner at Pensare on a Thursday evening. Initially, the hostess offered us a table against the back wall between the open kitchen door and and an exit door. When we asked for another table, she told us they were all reserved. We said we would come back at another time rather than accept that table. She then checked her reservation list and gave us a better table. The restaurant was very loud and the tables are packed into the space. It was difficult to have a conversation due to the noise level.The service was fne, the food was ok. The prices are high. Afterwards, we decided we will not go back.

2 Thank Michele C
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AH-MAZ-ING!!!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Chef Cirro is back at it in Dunedin!! This little gem of a place perfected already amazing Downtown Dunedin with it's delightful Italian fare. We started off with an awesome martini from a pleasant red-headed bartender (didn't catch her name but had to give credit because I am so picky about my martinis). After being seated at a cozy little table we ordered a lovely bottle of Toscana and the mussels for an appetizer. The mussels were nothing short of DIVINE, delicately prepared in a peppered broth. I could have happily ordered more mussels for my main course, however Chef Cirro brought back his famous Gorgonzola Gnocci (they have another name on the menu but you get the idea). Perfect little pillows nestled in a creamy alfredo-like Gorgonzola cream sauce, this is Italian perfection that is great for sharing (delectably rich). My husband tried the Tortelloni Dunedin, large handmade tortelloni stuffed with veal and beef, topped with a Marsala cream sauce and mushrooms. DUDE...just...dude. It was ALMOST as good as my dish. Ok, maybe better.

Had we saved room for dessert, I am sure it would have lived up to the other courses. We felt pampered as the Chef and Owner themselves checked to see how we were enjoying our meal.

Although my hips may protest, I cannot wait to go back!! If you are flying solo, they have a quaint little bar where you can park it, catch the game with a crisp caesar salad and a cold draft beer.

I can't recommend this place enough. It is small so if you plan to try it out on I weekend, I would plan ahead and make reservations.

“Great atmosphere, great service”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Pensare has both great atmosphere and service. Our table got a variety of meals. The eggplant parmesean was excellent as was the grouper. The pasta portions are large, but we would have liked a few more vegetables as our side. You get your choice of arugula salad with all meals - which I like a lot. Cesear salad has fresh parmesean, but we were surprised/dissapointed the croutons were not homemade. Wait staff was efficient and friendly.