“Sunday/fun day!”

By Request Charters
Ranked #5 of 16 Tours in Dunedin
More attraction details
Owner description: Full Service Charter Boat. Light tackle Sportfishing, Dolphin, Nature and Sunset Cruises, Snorkeling, Boating and Fishing Lessons. Children and novice fisherman welcome. Burials at Sea. Capt. Dan Adams has been entertaining visitors for over 30 years and still enjoys the "Best Job in Paradise". As a Professional Entertainer and former Cruise Director,(with a P.H.D. in Patience) he will make your trip aboard the vessel "Sea Rose" a most memorable experience. Contact Capt. Dan to put your trip together "By Request" today.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sunday/fun day!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We had a great time with Captain Dan! Two good friends (husband and wife,) were visiting us from Sweden, my father, husband, daughter and her boyfriend all went for a wonderful ride, fishing and a day in the sun! Everyone caught at least eight fish a piece - one right after another and sometimes a few all at the same time! We kept the captain hopping! He has a great appreciation for making sure everyone is having a fun time! We all enjoyed eating the fresh fish that night! Nothing better! Thanks Captain Dan for making another memorable vacation!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank MsLindaIvy

Dawson Creek, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Day Highly Recommend”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Enjoy a day on the water with Captain Dan on Dec 26, 2013. Went for a day and had an amazing time, The trip was me, my husband and two teenagers. We all fished and all caught fish - Captain Dan was very helpful but let the experienced fisherman use their skills to enjoy their fishing. Boat was very comfortable and spent some time at Caladesi Island State Park - excellent shelling. The day ended by filleting out our fish and off to a local restaurant to have our catch cooked up for us. Captain Dan joins us. How amazing of a day to catch fish in the morning and enjoy an excellent meal at night. Can say enough, wonderful day and great memories.

Visited December 2013
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Fantastic Charter Boat Captain!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Went on several trips and always caught fish and saw Dolphins. The sunset cruise was delightful and extremely entertaining, I highly recommend By Request Charters & Capt. Dan!!!MR

Visited November 2013
Bradenton, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“First time but not the last time!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I booked this trip over a month in advance in order to ensure the date would be free. Captain Dan returned my phone call and was very enthusiastic and helpful. I am a transplant resident to the state of Florida, so my knowledge about Gulf fishing is extremely limited. During our phone conversation Captain Dan explained that he would only take us out on the water to fish only if the waters cooperate. We talked about possible alternatives incase the weather takes a turn. He also assured me that he would do all he could to catch fish and to make sure we thoroughly enjoyed the fishing by baiting our hooks, assisting with landing (if necessary) and dehooking the fish.

I made an appointment to meet with Captain Dan and put a down payment on the trip. He was exactly how we imagined. Nice guy, funny (don't tell him I said that) and again enthusiastic about having my party (two females and a male) aboard his vessel (we booked the larger of his two boats).

I called the day before to check on the next days outlook and just to see what Captain Dan thought. The week before was Thanksgiving weekend and it was a very cold week for Florida. Thankfully, the trip was a go and he promised great fishing.

We showed up the morning of our scheduled trip. He eagerly greeted us and we loaded up our gear onto the boat. Helpful hint. Bring the Captain COFFEE or at least caffeinated drinks. I failed to bring anything that had caffeine and i failed to bring water (left it at home accidentally). ImThis mistake was used against me (jokingly) all day! Salads, chips, jerky, pop and a few beers are all great things to bring aboard. I wish i would have brought some sort of sandwiches but all in all we had plenty for us and Captain Dan to eat.

The ocean was like glass, light breeze and no clouds in the sky. We traveled to the location Captain Dn assured us would deliver fish. Once we anchored down, we all went to the deck where poles were waiting for us. Captain Dan gave us a few instructions and before we knew it he was baiting our hooks. As soon as our bait reached the depth he just instructed us about our lines were hit and it was fish on! There was non-stop action the entire time we were there! We caught all sorts of fish. Some we had to let go like both black and red grouper but it was quickly substituted with hogfish, flounder, mackerel, grey and red snapper, porgy, and even some sort of piranha. I'm sure There are a few species missing and of course not all the fish we caught were legal or edible (those went back into the ocean). We were all sad when it was time to go but we were exhausted!

We set back towards the marina and ate lunch on the way. Dolphin were jumping, crabbers were checking their nets and the view was awesome!

Once we returned, Captain Dan cleaned and filleted the fish. He also gave cooking tips. He bagged them and we put them in our cooler with ice and just like that, it was over. We said our goodbyes.

Captain Dan called a couple days later to check in and see how the fish was. I haven't returned the call yet but the fish was the best fish i have ever eaten!

If your looking for a great time with a very experienced and fun Captain who doe what he can to ensure YOU enjoy the whole experience then, this is the right charter for you!

Thanks again Captain Dan! I will see you again the the future Sir!

1 Thank Lisa O
Cross Hill
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fishing Trip of a Lifetime”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Went on a half day trip with Capt. Dan and my brother in law last month. (see review from douglasB7988) Ten miles out in the Gulf, we anchored and for the time we were there we caught fish to where we stopped counting. Non stop action, catching at least ten different species. I used muscles I hadn't used in years. It was fantastic. Dan was the perfect captain, adding assistance when needed, re-baiting hooks, unhooking fish when required, re-tying terminal tackle,keeping the action non-stop.

I've always thought of myself as a fisherman. What a joke. Until this trip I didn't know what real fishing was all about. Now I can say with all honesty that I AM a fisherman, thanks to Dan.

If you are in the area and are looking for a GREAT fishing experience, go out with this charter captain. You will NOT be disappointed. I can't wait until I get back to Florida again. A trip with Dan will definitely be the highlight of my travel agenda

Visited May 2013