“As always, excellent!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Dunedin B&B and Inns
Green Cove Springs, Florida
“As always, excellent!”
Reviewed April 29, 2006

We have been staying at the Blue Moon for three years each April and love it. The rooms are beautiful, the breakfasts are very good, and the location is very convenient to Honeymoon Island. The housekeepers, Maria and Julieanna, do an excellent job and have won the "White Glove Award" more than once. We always feel at home at the Blue Moon. The only constructive criticism I can offer is that they need to have a hot tub at the pool. Other than that, fantastic!

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank Let's_go_see_it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed April 25, 2006

We stayed three nights in a Deluxe room and another night in a standard (after a road trip to South Florida).

EVERYTHING was Great!

My seven year old son says the Deluxe room is much better, he was impressed with the outstanding bathroom. Larger than some hotel rooms I’ve seen- Jacuzzi, large shower, separate WC. Must be ten different light/fan combinations.

This is one of the best places we have stayed regardless of price, so it seems odd to me that in the value category The Blue Moon Inn only gets 4 out of 5. This is a MUCH better deal than anything comparable on Alt 19, from Clearwater to Tarpon Springs. When I tried to find the location using the address, mapquest didn’t find it. Try ‘Blue Heron Blvd’. That is the stub road into the RV Park.

If you want to stay anywhere within fifteen miles, you should seriously consider the Blue Moon Inn—it’s just that nice.

The rooms are spacious. High ceilings. Clean. Well appointed. The suites have two TVs, two ceiling fans. Both deluxe and standard have a little kitchenette, thoughtfully stocked with dishes, even wine glasses and a cork screw.

I found out about the Blue Moon from this site. I read the (bogus) reports about the evil management and figured they weren’t likely to be correct. Frankly if you have any problems with the management of the Blue Moon Inn, you have it coming and everyone else will be cheering them on!

This place is outstanding. They think of everything. The pool is clean. The breakfast in the morning is very nice, fresh fruit, pastry, cereals, breads etc. It isn’t a Vegas buffet, but if you are disappointed with the spread you are sick, my friend, very sick. Even a newspaper on the porch in the morning. And, yes, wireless internet!

The only reservation I can think of is this: if you have some rowdy teenagers, this probably isn’t the best spot. Everyone else: Honeymooners, couples, families with younger kids? Stay at the Blue Moon Inn. Spring for the Deluxe room if there is one available. If not, stay at the Blue Moon Inn anyhow.

The location is great, a short drive right along the water all the way from Clearwater to Tarpon Springs. By the way, don’t be afraid of trying the ‘Sandbar” a half mile down Alt 19 (across Causeway from the Walgreen) like the guy who recommended it to me says: “this is the kind of place you go to Florida to find.” Grilled Tuna sandwich. Rare = sushi. Yum. You’ll be the only non local there.

In parting, fellow travelers, I would like to say this: if I was running an inn, I would hope to shout I would run it like the Blue Moon Inn.

Respectfully,

A family from Seattle.

6 Thank exhibitsplus
Reviewed January 26, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Blue Moon Inn while visiting His Father & stepmom who live in the RV Park behind it. it was one of the nicest places we have ever had the pleasure of staying at. The rooms are huge and clean and comfortable. The bathroom was the best part the jacuzzi tub and seperate room for the toilet and shower so clean and lovley. We would surly stay here agian and tell any one who was in the area of this great establishment.
Thanks for all the little extras we apreciated it! The Negri's

• Stayed October 2004
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 9, 2006

We visit the Pinellas area quite often. We have stayed in many hotels over the past 2 years and found the Blue Moon Inn wonderful! The cleanliness and overall quality of the facility was great. Thank you for the hospitality.

Tim, Anne & Samantha Allen

Stayed January 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 8, 2005

This is one beautiful property -as good as it gets. Filled with charm, a gorgeous manicured property, many personal touches, impeccable cleanliness, first class service and very friendly staff.

My husband and I have stayed at many Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton hotels around North America. The Blue Moon Inn won us over. First class all the way. Our deluxe suite was just that- very, very clean and comfortable and what a beautiful layout, and huge bathroom! Lovely, lovely living room with a wet bar.

Wonderful patio outside our living room.

This property has it all- beautiful rooms, intimate setting, great pool area, and gardens, and close to everything.

But it is the staff that made it. Every morning they serve a lovely, upscale contintental breakfast that is hosted by warm and friendly staff.

Sheri and Annie and the team take the time to make sure your every whim is cared for.

This great property is perfect for familys (lots to do), romantic getaways (loved the huge jacuzzi tub and gorgeous oversized shower), and restful days in the sunny south.

Definitely worth the trip if you want first class with warm and friendly service.

• Stayed November 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 14, 2005

My husband, child and I thought the appearance of the Inn to be beautiful. The playground was nice and open. The management had also provided us with a pack and play for our child to sleep in. On the second day of our stay we had a fire ant infestation through all of our luggage....hundreds of them. Sherri (manager) told us we must have brought them in from somewhere. How could we have brought hundreds of fire ants without knowing it? During our checkout we were accused of scamming the inn and breaking the pack and play. My daughter is a 21 pound 3 year old. HOw could she possibly break a sturdy piece of equipment? We were extremely unhappy with the service. It left us with a bad taste in our mouths. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, General Manager at Blue Moon Inn, responded to this review, September 22, 2005
We always welcome constructive criticism to enable us to maintain the highest standard. This review, however, is deliberately misleading. The writer fails to mention their family friends (2 adults + 2 teens) who stayed in the room next to them and were in and out of their room for 3 days (see review dated Sept. 8, 2005 from Tracy, Rick, Brittney & Machaela). A family with a baby would not survive in a room infested with fire ants! Our prestigious housekeeping awards and 5 star rating speak for themselves
St Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed September 12, 2005

My boyfriend and I went to the Blue Moon Inn for our 6 year Anniversary. This place was perfect!! It was actually the size of our apartment. I highly recommend it to anybody. The staff was polite and the rooms were incredible. The bathroom was awesome!! It's my dream bathroom. LOL. We have no complaints at all. They even providing a folder with a map of the nearest restrurants, we have never seen that before. I give this place a A++++++++++++

• Stayed September 2005
4 Thank Tinkerbell204
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunedin
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Tarpon Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs

Been to Blue Moon Inn? Share your experiences!