“Don't Let This Ordinary Name Fool You....Extraordinary Place”

Broadway Cafe & Deli
Ranked #48 of 171 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Fort Myers, Florida
“Don't Let This Ordinary Name Fool You....Extraordinary Place”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

It was an accident that we stopped in....and then we did it again the next day and that was no accident. Fresh, unique food, friendly people, dog friendly too, hardworking creative executive chef and staff. We loved our food and found the menu diverse and interesting. The prices were more than fair. Thank you for an outstanding experience, I never visit the same place twice but you lured us back!

• Visited May 2014

Safety Harbor, Florida
“Quaint local spot”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Went here for breakfast because a couple of friends work here. Many choices for breakfast including vegetarian things. I had a breakfast panini sandwich and my husband had a turkey omelet, which were both very good. There is a patio with some outside seating, people bring their dogs , so if you don't like dogs sharing your eating space there's plenty of room inside.
Friendly good service, I would definitely return to try lunch.

1 Thank bethann b
Dunedin, Florida
“Fantastic”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We were new to Florida in 2009 so we found this restaurant from asking a stranger where to eat in Dunedin, FL. So, we tried a few items on the menu and that was five years ago and four days after they opened. We always come back as often as we can, like today for instance. We are regulars and Robbie and Keith are masters at food combinations that surprise and delight our taste buds for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner. And, if and when you go tell Keith... Debbie & Glenn sent you. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2014
Florida
“Disappointed in the vegetable panini”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Some coworkers raved about this place so we gave it a go.
There was a blackboard with menu items for dinner without the prices. On the table was a paper menu with the same items without prices. Why do the want me to ask the cost??? I find that annoying.
We started with the chicken wing appetizer. They were good because they were baked ( and therefore were different from other chicken wings). I did expect the sauce to have more zing but it was ok.
I ordered the vegetable panini, which I do order the veggie sandwich at many places. This was the most disappointing veggie sandwich ever. The menu said assorted roasted vegetables, not clarifying what kinds. I did not ask what kind of vegetables. My sandwich was mostly carrots (50%) and broccoli and a few others. I was expecting the usual delicous veggie sandwich of eggplant, squash and mushrooms. They were extremely over cooked and the texture was like they were boiled rather than roasted. The ciabatta bread was crispy and therefore the star of the sandwich rather than the filling. :(
My husband ordered the hamburger which said 1/2 pound. I didn't think it looked a 1/2 lb since it didn't fit the roll but he liked it. The sweet potato fries were good. I saw in another review where it said the were burnt. Ours were too but good thing I like well done fries.
During our entire meal we shooed away several annoying small flying insects ( and a fly). When we left we ran into some people we knew and I saw her shooing away the flying pests also. We were all seating indoors.
I'm 50/50 on giving them another try.

Visited May 2014
Miami, Florida
“Quaint Breakfast Charm”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Ducked in for a bite to eat and some Go-Go Juice before my fascial stretching appointment with Carolyn Bell Pilates and was glad I did, here's why:
* Clean
* Friendly
* Prompt and professional
* Good food
* Appropriately priced
* Located in quaint Dunedin
* Cool decor and lighting, etc.

I had the Breakfast Wrap and was impressed by the freshness and presentation. Nice job (see photo).

I also tried the grilled Chicken and Apple Sausage and was not impressed. The flavor was not robust enough, and the sausage wasn't cooked enough, texture-wise, for my liking.

Worth a trip for sure!

• Visited April 2014

Been to Broadway Cafe & Deli? Share your experiences!