“Great day on the water; fun family time; amazing experience!”

Capt. Jared's Inshore Fishing Charters
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Dunedin
More attraction details
Owner description: Capt. Jared specializes in Inshore fishing with Light tackle and fly for snook, trout, redfish and tarpon. Wither Fishing in Tampa Bay or along the gulf beaches from St. Pete, Clearwater, Dunedin, Palm harbor and Tarpon Springs Capt. Jared will be sure to put you where the fish are!
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

My son turned 15 this summer and he recently became obsessed with fishing. He spent almost everyday, since school ended, fishing...learning by trial and error and watching YouTube videos to improve his skills. With school starting up again and his recent birthday, I decided to take he, his friend and his brother on a charter trip with Jared. My son had never caught a red fish and I heard that Capt. Jared was the guy to find them. We had the best day! Jared is relentless...he knew how important catching reds were to the boys, and he did not disappoint. It is obvious that he truly wants to please his customers and ensure everyone onboard has the best experience possible. He even dove in the water to bring in a tricky red and had my kids doing the same! It was a blast! Jared shared his story, talked with them about their plans for the future and gave them valuable life and fishing advice. I wouldn't change one thing about the day. My kids met a young man who saw his dreams and went after them. A guy who, at the end of the day said "hey, give me a shout if you have any fishing questions, or whatever - I remember what it's like to be their age" - needless to say, they think - no, we all think, Captain Jared is a super guy and the best fishing charter around!

All reviews
"spanish mackerel"
"lost count"
"reel deal"

Reviewed July 31, 2017

Had the priviledge of fishing with Capt. Jared twice last week. Took my buddy and his son out all day on a Monday with Jared. Great weather throughout Tampa Bay. Caught a big Black Drum to start along with a few trout and jacks by the big bridge, caught some Sardines for bait on a grass flat, saw a few Bonnethead Sharks, went up thru Tampa Bay City and caught a few Tarpon and a big Jack up river. Had a bumpy ride back to the Safety Harbor area. Overall a great day on the water.

My second opportunity was alone with Jared out of Dunedin Harbor. He put us on the Reds right off the bat using cut bait under some docks. Broke off a good fish then hooked up on a big Red. This guys jumps out of the boat with the pole and chases fish down under the dock so as not to get cut off again. It was a riot and very impressive. I've never had a guide go in after a fish. Made my day. We collected some pin fish for bait out of a few traps we set earlier and headed out towards the gulf after Snook. We finished off the afternoon with 2 Snook, 2 Jacks a nice Trout. Capt. J lost a big Snook which would have topped off the evening. Had a ball.

This kid knows the area, has the knowledge to catch almost anything and best of all, the drive, determination and ability to get it done. I fish a lot and have been with a lot of captains and I can tell you, this Capt. loves what he does and it is very evident the moment you set foot in his boat. I am already making plans to return in the Spring just to fish for big Tarpon with Capt. Jared.

If you want to fish, give him a shout. He returns your calls or texts in a very timely manner and will set you up for a fantastic day. Tight lines everyone.....

Reviewed July 22, 2017

you can Book a trip with Captain Jared through his website captainjared.com. went out with several times and have caught my biggest fish to date with him. 5 star all the way! comfortable boat and nice equipment. cant wait for my next trip with captain Jared. very affordable worth every penny, I would recommend the 6 hour trip perfect amount of time.

Reviewed July 8, 2017

My family had a great time with Capt Jared. We started fishing for Red Snapper and ended up catching the limit for Mackarel. We also spent some time fishing for sharks and than went way beyond our scheduled time to try to reel in a massive Stingray. He's got a good personality and is great with kids. We highly recommend him for his knowledge and fishing expertise in the bay area.