“Windy but Worth It!”

Capt. Jared's Inshore Fishing Charters
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Dunedin
More attraction details
Owner description: Capt. Jared specializes in Inshore fishing with Light tackle and fly for snook, trout, redfish and tarpon. Wither Fishing in Tampa Bay or along the gulf beaches from St. Pete, Clearwater, Dunedin, Palm harbor and Tarpon Springs Capt. Jared will be sure to put you where the fish are!
Reviewed April 8, 2017

On an unexpectedly temperate and windy day for Tampa Bay in April, Captain Jared stepped up at the end of day when he saw my son's face drop when we discussed canceling the trip. With white caps all across Tampa Bay, Captain Jared took us only about one mile from Safety Harbor to "rescue" the charter. Great clean boat, all fresh bait and functioning rods/reels for kids and adults were provided for the two of us. Despite the less than ideal conditions, we landed a dozen large snook and two large redfish. We finished up early and didn't travel far, so Captain Jared even negotiated the charter fee down despite the fact that we felt like we had had the full charter experience. This is a fantastic experience for kids/families or adults, as Captain Jared allowed us to fumble with our own casting and reeling while also making sure that we landed some fish with his additional line in the water. My son could barely lift his arm after reeling in all the fish that we hooked. If we come back to the Tampa/Clearwater area and have time for fishing, I will definitely look Captain Jared up again.

All reviews
"spanish mackerel"
"lost count"
"reel deal"

Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

For the past 2 years I have traveled to Florida with my dad (70) and my son (7) for Spring Training. Since we had an off day we decided to book a fishing trip. We feel so fortunate to have found Captain Jared. In addition to being on time, polite and knowledgeable - he is an amazing fisherman! We caught a large variety of fish and leaned a great deal about the area. Jared was terrific with my son and my dad and is a great choice for any ages. The trip was both relaxing and exhilarating and became the highlight of our getaway. We are already planning another trip with Captain Jared next spring and highly recommend him for anyone looking for a fun afternoon.

Reviewed March 26, 2017

My buddy and I had a fantastic day of fishing with Captain Jared. I've fished with lots of charters over the years, but Jared is definitely among the very best. Before meeting us on the dock, it was clear he'd worked very hard to secure an ample amount of live bait (sardines). After a short ride on his terrific boat, we were alone in a backwater creek and, after some simple, clear instruction, we hooked up in a matter of minutes with some feisty snook! Over the course of our four-hour excursion (which went longer than four hours for sure), we caught lots of good-sized snook, along with a monster trout, and some redfish and ladyfish and a catfish for good measure!

It was clear that it's really important to Jared that his clients have a fun day. Whenever the action slowed down, we were off to the next spot, using a slightly different technique that Jared showed us. A few of the spots would NEVER be located by someone who didn't know the area as intimately as Jared does. I should note that he's an expert fisherman, but has great people skills as well - not something you'll find with every charter captain. He's super-friendly, and has a great sense of humor.

Oh, in addition to all the fish, we saw manatee, dolphins, many large rays and all kinds of birds. It was a perfect day!

Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

My friends and i were in clearwater to see the phils for several days and my good buddy, Jessie and i were jonesing for a good fight and to feel a tug on the end​ of our lines. So after some internet research we called Captain Jared and we sure hit one out of the park. We had a great day on the water with Captain Jared. We caught lots for snook, speckled trout, flounder, catfish and ladyfish. We saw dolphin, manetee and Captain Jared put us on the fish, was very informative, courteous and accommodating. Great fishing and conversation. Highly recommend taking a charter with Captain Jared. Fish on!!! And crank.....Don't Hank!