“Awesome charter experience with Capt Jared”

Capt. Jared's Inshore Fishing Charters
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Dunedin
More attraction details
Owner description: Capt. Jared specializes in Inshore fishing with Light tackle and fly for snook, trout, redfish and tarpon. Wither Fishing in Tampa Bay or along the gulf beaches from St. Pete, Clearwater, Dunedin, Palm harbor and Tarpon Springs Capt. Jared will be sure to put you where the fish are!
Reviewed February 1, 2016

If you want a top notch fishing experience, this is the guy that you need to go with. Captain Jared is a local born and raised and knows the area like the back of his hand. We went on a 8 hours excursion with my son and dad and it was an experience of a lifetime. Capt Jared talked us through what kind of fishing we would be doing and where we would go. He had a loose plan for the day, based on the tides, weather, etc.

We were not disappointed. We were on fish within 10 minutes of leaving the dock, and it really didn't stop all day. We fished docks early, then some oyster beds, small islands, then out to some reefs, the sand key jetty, then back to docks to finish up. We caught some of everything (black drum, sheepshead, a flounder!, red fish, mangrove snapper, a shark, snook, and trout). Many were not keepers, but we did pretty well. I think we took home 11 keepers, after catching about 50 fish (we kind of lost count). If we didn't have any luck in a spot, we moved on pretty quickly. He seemed to know the patterns intimately.

He was such a good guide. He truly wants people of have a great fishing experience. He was disappointed that he couldn't have gotten us more fish (he highly recommends the spring season). We were happy with our experience.

NOTE: If you are staying local, there is a place in Ozona (Molly Goodheads) that will prepare your fish. Be sure to check ahead of time because they do not do it year round.

All reviews
"spanish mackerel"
"lost count"
"reel deal"

Reviewed January 5, 2016

3 little girls and 1 Captain Jared!!! No problem for this pro. My husband and I sat back and took lots of pictures while the kids reeled in fish after fish non stop for about 3 hours. Jared is professional and great with kids. He knows all the fishing spots. I have done sport fishing before but this was far more relaxing as the water was calm and no one got sick. Would definitely go back to Captain Jared.

Reviewed January 2, 2016

My two sons and I (ages 20 and 15) fished with Jared just after Christmas. We met Jared at the dock the morning of the trip. He is a friendly and knowlegable captain who makes you feel comfortable on his boat AND knows how to get you on the fish. I have chartered a fair share of boats across the country and Jared is among the best I've been on. Caught about 30 snook along with a few trout, jack crevalle and lady fish. Great fun!

Reviewed October 8, 2015 via mobile

For this event, we lucked in to drawing Capt. Jared as our captain. We started catching fish the minute he dropped the Power Poles, and every quick stop made continued to catch fish.

To say it was an amazing day would be an understatement. Our scorecards were filling fast. My first bite of the day also was the big snook of the tournament (30.25") and we also ended up with the Master Angler Award with a total of 88.5" of 5 different species.

Can't thank Capt. Jared enough and already looking forward to any opportunities to fish with him again

Rip some lips,