“Still remembering our past visits”
Review of bistro ATLANTIS - CLOSED

bistro ATLANTIS
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In Guy Plaza next to Karnation Korner on North side of 580 (Main St) between Pinehurst and Patricia. The restaurant faces side street. Extra parking on North side, behind building.
Etobicoke
“Still remembering our past visits”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have been to "the Bistro" twice in 2013. Being from out of town/country it's difficult to go more times but I am writing this review rather late because I just read the last few reviews here on TA.

The new owners of this restaurant are doing a fantastic job in both creativity and enhancing the dining experience. In both dates where we went with six people, we all came away with raving reviews on the meal experience. Highlights have been on the old meal menu including the vegetation meal variety, the lobster bisque ... best in the Tampa area ... and on the desserts ... mmmmm

I was mildly frustrated at our last meal with spotty service but after talking to Dawn, one of the co-owners, I realized that this was a staff issue that was being dealt with efficiently and only enhanced our admiration for the establishment.

Like I read in one of the former reviews, if the Bistro was in a waterfront location, there would be lineups out the door every evening because the food is amazing ... However, locals have the benefit of having it in the "hood" and it should not be overlooked.

Keep up the great work, Bistro Atlantis

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“outstanding...and i am a regular”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I visit the Tampa Bay area monthly and when I go there I always go to the bistro. I have been since it's inception with the former owners it was always stellar, and now with the new owners, and it's even better. I have NEVER had anything less than a superb experience, and the singing now afforded by the owner and a few others in the front of the house is a spiritual treat. I was a bit dismayed to read the last two reviews on here, and while everyone is entitled to their opinion, I find it laughable that anyone would take such obsenely written reviews seriously. As a foodie who travels alot and hence dines out many times a week, this place is in the top 10 I have ever eaten in. I have had almost everything on the menu, and the Chicken Atlantis is among my favorites. It ouzes with flavor and the fresh pasta...to die for. These owners are putting forth a rare commodity in this mediocre world...excellent food, great service and the voices singing are a spiritual gift. Do yourselves a favor and listen to the 95% of people who dig this place. Go. I can't imagine what kind of person writes such ill conceived and vulgur reviews...if you have something to say do so with tact, not vulgarity. My best guess here after just visiting this last week and having another stellar experience...and I say this because I pay attention and I know the staff, there are new faces. That means some have gone, and who knows...it is not a stretch to think someone who left on bad terms may be responsible for such ill-chosen words...I don't know, don't really care. I just want people to look here to experience what I have. So that's it. Go, and get what you want...it is impossible to make a mistake on the menu.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank MalloryT867
London, Canada
“stay away”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Went in for dinner a week ago and it was one of the worst dinning experiences I can remember. Food was cold and over cooked at the same time, hard to acomplish but they pulled it off. Atmoshpere was poor, the service was far bellow "industry standards". I also noticed that they had an inability to clear or reset any table plain lazy and gross and to top it off the owner started to sing for the dinning room, lame!

• Visited March 2013
“Saw stellar reviews , but very disappointed.”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try Atlantis after reading the reviews. First of all there was only 1 waitress for all the tables. The signature chicken Atlantis as described by my 12 yr old looked like vomit. The steak souvlaki was poor quality and very small in portion. Worst dining experience in years.

Littleton, Massachusetts
“Best meal we had on this trip to the Tampa area”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The food is excellent, and the service is terrific. Don't be turned off by the strip-mall location- this place provides five star meals. The only drawback is the wine list, which is limited. The wines they do have, however, are very good. The dishes range from traditional Greek dishes like moussaka to unique fusion entree such as filet mignon with gorgonzola and avocado sauce.

Make sure to try the mussels, ravioli with pistachio cream sauce, and the spanakopita...and leave room for the warm baklava with ice cream for dessert.