“Lovely dinner”

The Living Room on Main
Ranked #8 of 176 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: International, Bar
Description: Located in the heart of Delightful Dunedin, The Living Room on Main features an eclectic menu of dishes inspired by world cuisine, an upscale yet relaxed dining room, and an inviting bar. Experience The Living Room for lunch, weekend brunch, and dinner. We invite you to unwind, indulge, and enjoy this culinary journey with your server as your guide.
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I ate here on a recent visit to Dunedin. It was about 5:00 and we decided to have an early dinner. I asked one of the shopkeepers on Main Street for a recommendation and The Living Room was one of his recommendations. We were early so we were seated right away. Our server was very nice and attentive. Everything is served tapas-style which is right up my husband's and my alley since we generally prefer to order a bunch of appetizers sometimes and share them versus ordering separate dinners so we can try different things. We ordered the black and blue nachos and the steak and scallop brochettes. Both were very good and filling! We had ordered those just to start but they filled us up so we stopped there, but there were so many tasty looking options on their menu so we may just have to go back to sample some more. At the end of our dinner, the place was filling up fast so we were glad that we decided to eat early. Seemingly a very popular place especially for groups. Highly recommend for a nice dinner with an attentive staff in a nice cozy setting.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

My first visit and everything was excellent from the mojito to the beet salad, chicken empanadas and the peach cobbler with a homemade granola topping. Service was very attentive and I would definitely go back.

1  Thank estesq
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were here twice in one week we like it so much. Try the nachos! They are rich so you might want to share them with a friend. Oh yes, their coconut shrimp was delicous as well!

1  Thank RockyMom2010
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

The space is very low light with plenty of atmosphere to set you into relax mode. The martini, cocktails and wine menu is thorough without a detail forgotten. It's really a tapas restaurant so the portions are designed to be shared, which is typically what we do when we visit. We'll order a few dishes and have a taste of them all. We've never had a bad experience at the Living Room and te food has always been fresh and full of flavor. Try something you've never had before and revel in the amazing flavor and new experience. Our most recent visit yielded an amazing soft shell crab, beef and scallop skewers with fontina fondu, and the perfectly paired cheese plate. Who knew blue cheese is so amazing with strawberries and blueberries? I highly recommend The Living Room for a lively evening with great live entertainment, fantastic food and expertly made cocktails.

1  Thank Jenn R
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Not only does The Living Room do a great job, but the same family owns the bbq place next door and it also deserves a visit! The people I was with told me it was worth the time to drive out to Dunedin to eat here ... and they were right!

1  Thank TheArmenian