“We are Palm Court Fans!”
Review of Palm Court Motel

Palm Court Motel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Dunedin
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Some say old but I say vintage! Clean! Friendly!

This was our third time staying and we will be back.

Pam and Anthony are great too!

A couple things to keep in mind: Get an efficiency if you have trouble moving around in confined spaces, the motel room bathrooms are too small.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Great location for us to base our 8 day getaway from
A cold Minnesota winter. Close to Honeymoon & Caledesi Islands & Nature Trails. Very clean,nicely decorated apt like accomodation. Loved the magazine basket!As former B&B owners appreciated the hosts helfulness&friendly attitudes but still gave us private feeling staying there.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights after a cruise and it was just right for our needs. The price was very reasonable, room was large with refrig and living room, beds were good (doubles, but we didn't mind each having a bed) and it is in a great location. Dunedin is a very nice place, out of the bustle and bad congestion of Tampa and St.Petes, nice restaurants and shops. We spent the day at Honeymoon Island and really enjoyed ourselves. The motel supplies you with beach chairs, nice beach towels and coolers to use- very thoughtful. Is not fancy, but has it's own 1960's Florida charm. Clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room if road noise bothers you. We didn't mind.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Very surprised when I opened the door and saw our "nest" for our multi-day stay. Living room, kitchen and bedroom. Lots of "Florida motif" art. Perfect location for our days at Honeymoon Beach. Very convenient with fridge and microwave. The portable heater was appreciated when it got cold one night. The bathroom was old, but everything worked. Just wish the sink was a little higher off the floor. We were amused by the three snowy egrets that hang around just outside your door. They are unafraid of people and are just plain beautiful. The reason this place is better than I could have expected for the price is the effort put forth by the owners. They communicated before my arrival and answered my questions. Everything is so clean and the kitchen had everything you would need including paper towels and dish soap. No pesky insects. Half the price of other places in the area. Its nice to stay in a place where you don't feel like you were taken to the cleaners. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Tips: If the odor bothers you, just unplug the funky deodorizer. The room didn't need the perf...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had 2 rooms with a total of 7 people and we needed a night near a FLA beach and close enough to Tampa for a day watching Yankee Spring Training. This was the place for us and the price was right. The owners were very nice and helpful. The motel is old and some picky folks will turn up their noses. If you have the money to turn up your nose go for it, however the Palm Court Motel does much with little. The rooms are spacious and clean and have just about everything you need. The pool looked nice, but it rained so we did not get in. I would love to stay for a week or so and enjoy the beach and area. A restaurant is right next door and serves a good and more than affordable breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Roonwit
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The off-season prices are so low, you might worry this is a dive, but it really is not! It is exactly the sort of place budget travelers love -- clean, convenient (a very short drive from Honeymoon Beach), and lots of nice bonuses (beach towels, chairs, coolers, umbrellas and even a park pass to borrow). We loved the vintage stove in the small kitchen. There is some traffic noise, but a helpful standing fan made it easy to sleep. We did not swim since the pool wasn't heated but we did sit out and have a drink poolside. We highly recommend to families who don't care about having their beds made up daily and would rather save money cooking their own meals.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank steved333
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is my 2nd time staying here. Not luxurious but reasonably priced, comfortable and very clean. Also very honest and caring owners. This last time I ended up in the hospital and Pam had to pack all my bags so I could get my stuff on the way back to the airport (but she packed all my makeup in a separate bag so my realtor could bring to the hospital!). Even the food in the frig was packed and stored in her own refrigerator until I came back and told her to dispose. She told me anything I needed to please call and they would help!

A very nice taste of 60's Florida with a great little restaurant right next door which has a great breakfast menu! Will stay here when I visit again.

Ronnie G.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Ronnie G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunedin
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin
Beso Del Sol Resort
#4 of 8 in Dunedin
The Island Cay Hotel - Clearwater Beach
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Clearwater FL

Been to Palm Court Motel? Share your experiences!