“Palm Court Hotel”
Review of Palm Court Motel

Palm Court Motel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Dunedin
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We really enjoyed our visit there. The people that own it are very nice and have worked hard to
bring this hotel up to higher standards. The room was tidy and the beds were really comfortable, unlike beds in many hotels. The pool was great and not oversatuated with chlorine. My husband and son rode their bikes on the Pinellis Trail every morning. It is close to everything; so much so that we are going to look for a house in that area in the coming months. And during the summer and the off season, you only pay $52.00 a night IF you stay 5 nights or longer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We recently stopped by the hotel and in countered an experience that was not too good.
I see all the positive reviews and do keep in mind, those can be posted by a person that owns a business as well as they can tell all of their friends to go on and make up something.

I will agree the rooms were very very nice and clean. Exactly what I prefer at home -
I called and got a price as we were house shopping in Tampa and the surrounding area.
I talked with this guy ( the owner ) and he told me the price and I was very happy with that .. so good price for the room you get.

I arrived and it looked great and very quiet and we had our 5 year old with us so we wanted to make sure that we got a nice place.

I talked to the guy walked to look at the room and was good with that.. he asked me all kinds of ?s do you smoke and other stuff. Of course I can understand you wouldn't someone like that in your room and I told him no.. we don't smoke and we have a child so I was glad he didn't allow smokers in his rooms.

we got back to the office to check in.. and I pulled out the cash. WIth tax it was around $60.00 and he told me he didn't take cash. I asked " who doesn't take cash.. that is better than anything else you are getting your money right then' he then said we only take credit cards for reservations no debit cards. I don't and nor have I ever owned a cc, my grandmother taught me ( after working in banks ) it is the worst thing to get into .. and I have fine always.

I asked him why and his response was " so you wont stay the night and trash my room" .. I didn't look like a trouble maker, just an average person. I told him we would never do that ... so he told me well then you need to give me $100 deposit, and If the room is up to my par when you leave then you can have it back. With all the schems people play, my husband said no ... he could say we trashed it or broke something when we really didn't.

we are good honest decent hard working people-
The way we felt treated was not very good, when someone calls for a room you should always ask them will you be paying with cash or credit. if they cash then explain your policy. We drove from the other side of Tampa to come to his room.

I have stayed in many hotels, very nice ones that are 10 x bigger and better than this one. Execuitive suites that didn't ask for cc or debit card.

After this in counter, I decided to call upon a Corporate owned motel.. very very nice and upscale. not only did they charge me only $50 dollars .. they didn't make me give them a card. they accepted cash..

:) thanks big time hotels.
and this guy don't get me wrong he wasn't rude about anything and the rooms and place was very nice.. just very frustrating when you get charactized or looked at for being " normal " and b/c you don't fit the CC Standards of the high class you get turned away.

If you have a Credit Card then you will fit in fine here..

Room Tip: have a credit card
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth C
pkschicago, Owner at Palm Court Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for your comments and we apologize for your frustration. However, our policy is to accept a credit card payment or a cash payment with a major credit card on file. If no major credit card is available a cash deposit is necessary for obvious reasons. Future guests please be advised that every previous reviewer since September 2012 has been a guest of the Palm Court Motel and the reviewer in this circumstance has not.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I love the location, very close to Dunedin causeway and Honeymoon state park. Very clean rooms and its great to have a kitchen and living room and dogs are allowed!!! I go every year and love the new owners.

Room Tip: Get an efficiency
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed for five nights and met relatives whom also got rooms. The service, value and rooms are terrific. Very close to Honeymoon Island. Lots of great restaurants nearby, the staff was beyond compare. We will definitely come back. We had a great time and very budget friendly. Super clean.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great hotel ,visiting honeymoon island for a wedding and we all stayed there.The customer service was beyond expectation.They went out of their way to make sure our needs was met.The location of the hotel is in a perfect location for dunedin and Clearwater Beach.Minutes from Honeymoon island and the city of dunedin ,which is a town lost in time ,Has great shopping and some of the worlds best seafood.There is a restaurant next door ,The covered bridge has some of the best food.As for staying at Palm Court again ,its already in the making.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I am writing this review as I am enjoying my cup of coffee on check out morning. This hotel is Great! What you see in the pictures is EXACTLY what you get here. The rooms are just as they appear in the pictures on the website! Very clean! Great owners! I will say that its better to reserve your room in advance because this place filled up overnight! (July 4th week) I was not sure how long i was staying and after 1 week the owners informed me that the room i was staying in was reserved for the following week, but the owners had no problem moving me to another room and i had no problem with that either. The location is great, Dunedin causeway, Honeymoon Island, Caladese Island and Tarpon Springs sponge docks are are just north of here. Clearwater Beach is just to the south, Pinellas Trail is just across the street. Just a great place in a great location!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We booked two rooms for our recent stay in Dunedin. Every thing from booking the rooms online to check out was fabulous. The room was extremely clean, the bed very comfortable and the night was very quiet. If you are looking for a room that is away from US 19 (not far but we didn't have to deal with that horrible traffic) but clean and comfortable, try the Palm Court. We were very happy with both rooms and already plan to go back next year. This motel is not new so if you need the latest and greatest, this is not the place. I feel like we got exceptional value for our money and will definitely recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunedin
Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North/Dunedin
Beso Del Sol Resort
#4 of 8 in Dunedin
The Island Cay Hotel - Clearwater Beach
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Clearwater FL

Been to Palm Court Motel? Share your experiences!