“Don't bother!”

Description: (727) 734-4300
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Don't bother!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My first trip since Island Outpost became Frenchy's. I figured I would stay with the old standby, a grouper sandwich. Yuck! There was a bloodline left in the fish so it tasted fishy. It was overbreaded.

The service was not very good. The waitresses were more content to stand in the kitchen door and chit chat with each other than attend to customers. The manager did happen to ask how lunch was and I told him. He did comp me my sandwich. If you want Frenchy's food you had better go out to Clearwater Beach.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank KnotOnYerLife

Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Expensive and poor quality food”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I liked this place better as Island Outpost. Frenchy's has developed into a generic restaurant and their food quality SUCKS. Service was so so. Band that was playing was decent. It was $50.00 for me and my aunt to eat there! Not worth the money! My advice would be GO UP THE STREET TO MOLLY GOODHEAD'S you will get better food and service!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Banana427
“What to do?”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I went to Island Outpost about a year and a half ago, never again. Now Frenchy's has taken over, been going for like 20 years. Not this one yet. After reading all these reviews, maybe wait a few months. Hope they have new cooks, because the old Outpost ones didn't have a clue.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank trekdriver
Branson
“Server needed to pay attention to customer.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Was looking forward to trying this place since Frenchy's bought it, but the server screwed up and didn't listen and then disappeared. I had ordered boiled shrimp and side Caesar. She came back and said they were out of boiled shrimp...do I want the Ceaser..no can I see a menu again...I get a menu and she walked away. Mom gets her food before I saw the server again and they brought the salad I no longer wanted. Was going to order a grouper entree but just shared moms meal and left. A manager came and apologized for the miscommunication. Doubt I will ever visit there again. Very disappointing.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank MonE870
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fair”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Finding out before our food came that this is now a Frenchy's!My husband and waited an hour for the food.Our server apologized and said our ticket some how did not get printed to the kitchen.I think we should have been offered a compensation of somekind for the wait.my husband ordered a med rare burger which turned out dry and well done. French fries were terrible!would have like to have seen a more appealing presentable platter. On the upside my grilled grouper was tasty.All and all a disappointment in Frenchy's!

• Visited August 2013