“Real Mexican Food!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dunedin, Florida
“Real Mexican Food!”
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Plaza Garibaldi is fabulous! I've been there 5 times in the last month! The staff is friendly, the decor is cheesy and the food is soooo good! The salsa is delicious, they bring a mild salsa and a hot salsa. The queso is hit or miss. Sometimes it's awesome and other times it's been a bit watery but still tasty. I prefer my Mexican food to stand on its own and not be drenched in sauce so I do usually ask for it on the side. The mole' sauce is delicious. Taquitos and flautas need to be cooked a little longer to give them some crunch so ask for them to be cooked well. Tamales are fab. They serve their lunch specials 7 days a week and have several egg dishes that make for a tasty brunch. Rarely do I eat more than a few bites of rice and beans, however they are soooo good, I usually do a pretty good job of almost finishing them! It's a little off the beaten path, on Alt 19, right before the Dunedin Causeway if you're going North. Definitely worth the trip! Now I'm hungry!

Palm Harbor, Florida
“GREAT VALUE”
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We stopped by this newly re-opened spot with about 50 members of the 2011 Cinco de Mayo Tour De Trail ride group. Service was super fast, and competent. Prices were surprisingly low. My Chimi shredded beef tasted like sweet BBQ, but it was very good as were the chips, salsa, guac, rice, sour cream and cheesy refried beens. Rosie had a burrito and she loved it. Can't beat their food and beer prices. Not for mexican gourmets, but it doesn't pretend to be. Lot's of fun! This one will be put on our rotation!! Bueno!

2 Thank SixcDogTeam
Chicago
“Excellent Mexican Food”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised on our visit to this pleasantly decorated Mexican restaurant. I had Pollo en Mole and my husband has Carne Asada. As an appetizer we ordered to tamales that were generously filled with pork. The sides of beans and rice are also delicious. Being orginally from Chicago with many wonderful Mexican restaurants to choose from it was great to find this restaurant that matches what we enjoyed up there and to have it right in our neighborhood! Very helpful and cheerful staff along with a strolling, singing guitarist.

2 Thank wandafulone
Dunedin, Florida
“Friendly, Authentic”
Reviewed May 2, 2011

This is a nice local restaurant, family owned. The staff is eager to please, the place is clean and modestly decorated and the food is delicious.

• Visited April 2011
Dunedin, Florida, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best chili verde I've had in Florida.”
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Coming from Southern California (and briefly Denver), I got spoiled with the Mexican restaurants. Disappointing in the Tampa Bay area. My test of a Mexican restaurant is the chili verde (if they even serve it) and Plaza Garibaldi passed with flying colors.

• Visited March 2011