“Beautiful Water View--But Not Much Else”
Review of Bon Appetit

Bon Appetit
Reserve with OpenTable
Bon Appetit is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 171 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: This landmark Dunedin Restaurant offers casual waterfront dining in a sophisticated but relaxed setting; stunning waterfront views of St. Joseph Sound, Honeymoon and Caledesi Islands. Chef Stephen has created a menu to showcase weekly specials, comfort food creations, and seasonal temptations to tantalize the most sophisticated of diners, all in addittion to the regular menu. Enjoy alfresco dining at the Marina Terrace Cafe with the same menu and phenomenal views and sunsets. Please visit us for our All New "New Orleans Bistro Brunch." Inspired from the city that started the brunch movement. Enjoy classic New Orleans food and drinks while listening to jazz played on our baby grand piano.
Sarasota, Florida
“Beautiful Water View--But Not Much Else”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Why have I found that restaurants on the water don't have the best food but do have the highest prices? More to the point, why do I keep trying those restaurants with the beautiful settings and ending up dissatisfied? I don't know, but Bon Appetit is a case in point. My girlfriend ordered a lobster roll at $16 which had little lobster taste and was much oversalted. The server just shrugged her shoulders when told of our disappointment. I had a sampler of small German specialties which was OK and an Apfelstrudel which was excellent. We each had draft beers which were nice and cold. The quaint town of Dunedin has many restaurants which look charming; I'll try them next time.

1 Thank Edward B
tmr1983, Manager at Bon Appetit, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to first and foremost thank you for your feedback and for visiting us to enjoy our wonderful property. I apologize on behalf of our team for a less than enjoyable experience with the food selections, price as well as your service. I would personally like you to know that I have forwarded this review to the Executive Chef here as well as the GM, as we take all of our feedback here very seriously. Thank you so much for visiting our lovely property, and as a token of our appreciation, please respond to nbashimam@bonappetitrestaurant.com with your current mailing address as we would like to send you a gift to use for your next visit! We look forward to seeing you soon.

YORKSHIRE, UK
“Avoid this place...it's all about the sunset! Nothing else.”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

This place is shockingly bad. The food is overpriced and less than mediocre. The service is surly and rude, and standards have really fallen in the last 12months. People flock here for the sunset and Bon appetit take advantage of that via overpriced food and poor service. Do yourself a favour, watch the sunset from the deck then eat elsewhere!

1 Thank PROUDYORKIE
tmr1983, Manager at Bon Appetit, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to first and foremost thank you for your feedback and for visiting us to enjoy our wonderful property. I apologize on behalf of our team for a less than enjoyable experience with the prices and taste. As well as the service you experienced. I would personally like you to know that I have forwarded this review to the Executive Chef as well as the GM here, as we take all of our feedback here very seriously. Thank you so much for visiting our lovely property, and as a token of our appreciation, please respond to nbashimam@bonappetitrestaurant.com with your current mailing address as we would like to send you a gift to use for your next visit! We look forward to seeing you soon.

“Very nice”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Went for brunch on Sunday afternoon. Sat outside. Great ambience and service. I had the pork Osso bucco on the brunch special which I thought was reasonably priced. The waiter told me it was a large portion. He wasn't kidding! Not only was it large, it was delicious. My friend had the lamb chops also on the brunch menu. He loved them. The girls ordered of the menu. All of us truly enjoyed our meals and the experience.

Visited October 2013
tmr1983, Manager at Bon Appetit, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to first and foremost thank you for your feedback and for visiting us to enjoy our wonderful property. I enjoyed hearing you enjoyed our service as well as our wonderful menu! We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon. Thank you so much for visiting our lovely property, and as a token of our appreciation, please respond to nbashimam@bonappetitrestaurant.com with your current mailing address as we would like to send you a gift to use for your next visit! We look forward to seeing you soon.

Nadia Bashimam
“Food - 10, View - 10, Prices - Whoa...”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

The food and the view was the best part. I loved every minute. But prices are outrageous. Make sure to bring your wallet, checkbook, credit, and debit cards when you go.

Palm Harbor, Florida
“View is 5+, Food is 4, Valet is -10”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The view is great. We had a nice two top along the side of the restaurant. A little far from the music but the view was great. The food was good not great. The service was okay. Hamid was a little slow and not overly guest focused. The huge disappointment was the valet. One person working. He was trying as hard as he could but come on, only one valet on a Friday night.

1 Thank smiller560