“Unique, Pet Friendly Sea Side Artisan Motel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seaside Artisan Motel

Seaside Artisan Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dunedin
Seaside Artisan Motel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Dunedin
Dunedin
“Unique, Pet Friendly Sea Side Artisan Motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Sea Side Artisan is a perfect name for this vintage Florida motel located in the heart of Dunedin. In the ten years that Dan and Susie Clark have owned the motel, their warm spirit and artistic talent has created a unique, cozy place for people and pets to come enjoy. They are truly pet friendly - one of the very few motels that welcome pets. Some of the murals on the buildings are of actual pets that have stayed here. The atmosphere and people make you feel right at home. Regular guests return time and time again as their home away from home. They have nine fully equipped efficiency units that are comfortable and immaculately cleaned. Floors are tile, so no need to worry about carpet. Windows span across the entire backside of each unit. And, each unit has a stained glass window made by Dan that adds special charm. The outside is landscaped with plenty of places to relax. There are also grills for cookouts. I have been at the motel for about a month. I love being able to walk anywhere and feel safe. The Pinellas Trail is just across the street. Behind the motel, is a beautiful path to stroll along St. Joseph's Sound. You can either head toward downtown Dunedin to see the shops, restaurants, parks and marina; or, you can head toward Weaver Park where there is a long pier, beautiful sunsets and sometimes outside concerts. Honeymoon and Caladesi Islands are very close. Everything you could ever need is either within walking distance or very near by. Just can't help but to fall in love with the place. TM

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
12 Thank LovethewaterDunedin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked a weekend for the Dunedin Brewery 17th Anniversary party and we were very happy with our room and location. Bonus, literally 100 feet away from 7venth Sun Brewing and walking distance to Victoria Drive (a hidden road that runs by the harbor) which you can catch an amazing sunset. Room was very clean and spacy with full kitchen, might need some upgrade, but it worked for us :)

Suzy was very was very friendly !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank roadtripgirl00
Gainesvile
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was so excited when I found this reasonably-priced motel in Dunedin; the reviews were great (on Google and Trip Adviser) and it looked really cute. I called 3 weeks ahead of time and told the owner that I lived out of town and needed to make a reservation. I told him I would be arriving after 8 PM as well. He told me it wasn't a problem and that I just needed to come in when I got in town and there would be a room for me. He asked for my name, and that was it. I assumed this meant I had a reservation. When I showed up, I found a "no vacancy" sign on the office door. I was hoping this didn't apply to me since I had a reservation, but when I spoke with the owner (the same man who spoke to me on the phone), he said there were no rooms. When I reminded him that I had made a reservation, he said, "Oh yeah, I remember you," and that was it. No "I'm so sorry" or anything (not to mention that it was pouring raining that night too, so I was soaked with no place to stay). I was so disappointed; I ended up calling a friend in Tampa (an hour away) who was able to accommodate me.

From my own experience, I definitely do NOT recommend this place. If a motel can't make and keep reservations properly, it shouldn't be operating.

However, I had friends who were in town for the same event as I was, and we had all planned to stay at this motel together. They called and spoke to the wife (co-owner) to make their reservation and they DID have a room that night. (They also checked in 4 hours earlier than I did, so maybe that's the key.) I'm not sure how their stay was, but if you're going to stay here, make sure you speak to the woman and call back the week before to confirm.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank carlydew
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

The motel is as advertised and as reviewed on trip advisor. It is one of the older mom n pop style motels you find on Florida's back roads. As such, the facility is older but very clean. Linens are of average quality, bring your own toiletries. We stayed here for one night as we needed to be within walking distance of downtown Dunedin (yes..) and not too expensive (true...). The only bizarre component to the experience was their inability to take credit cards. I had to send in a deposit by check to reserve the room...and then paid cash for the balance. I'm sure it is to save on credit card fees for a small business but seriously....I would recommend this for a short term stay if you are planning to be in Dunedin for fun. They are dog friendly so this is key for all you travelers with pets.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BunkieFL
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We booked the Seaside Artisan as an overnight stay for a local beer festival, not really knowing what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised upon arrival. It's like staying in someone's guest house. The room came with a full-featured kitchen and was very clean. It's definitely unique and doesn't have the cookie-cutter feel of the chain hotels.

It's extremely comfortable and that's what this family-run motel seems to be all about.

It's also convenient to downtown and Dunedin's three beer destinations. We would definitely stay there again. We had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ForzaHudd
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

"Old Florida" is a good description of this small hotel. It's not fancy, but the rooms are large, equipped with ful kitchens, well maintained and impeccably clean, and it's very convenient to visiting downtown Dunedin or hiking/biking the Pinellas Trail. Note there's no swimming pool if that's an important amenity for you.

The owners treat guests like visiting friends, and the guests treat each other like long-term neighbors. More than "pet friendly", I'd call it "pet welcoming". Including the welcome from the owners' two dogs.

No wi-fi, no business center, no fancy restaurant. No bar, either, but it's a short walk to several. I wouldn't want to work from here but it's a comfortable place to play tourist.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank beerwriter
Tavernier, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Fancy it's not, but fun and friendly it is. This is a family run hotel and they couldn't be better. From the minute we arrived they were helpful and went out of their way to make us comfortable. Our room was basic, but spotlessly clean with a full kitchen, AC and TV. This was our little rescue dog's first trip and he was made to feel welcome as well. It is centrally located. You can walk along the sound to downtown with all the restuarants. They gave us bikes to use on the Pineallas Trail which was across the street. Great little find. We loved it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank WinnieTavernier
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunedin
BEST WESTERN PLUS Yacht Harbor Inn
Sandpearl Resort
Sandpearl Resort
#6 of 95 in Clearwater
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,258 reviews

Been to Seaside Artisan Motel? Share your experiences!