“Lobster Rolls and Waterfront Views”
Review of Cafe Honeymoon

Cafe Honeymoon
Ranked #55 of 181 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Lobster Rolls and Waterfront Views highlight this great cafe. Shane has a great crew that serve Friday Night Fish Fry. Perfect for pancake breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sitting by the expansive beach with tasty treats will transport you to the Caribbean.

2  Thank patron175
sbittak1, General Manager at Cafe Honeymoon, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you for the great comments... We really appreciate the Review!!!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Wht a wonderful place to spend that afternoon with family and friends! This is a must if you are travelling to Clearwater, and in my opinion its better than clearwater beach!

1  Thank Banana427
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Were it not for the company of my family and the great view, this experience would have been totally and utterly disastrous.

Went there for the Friday night "Fish Fry"
For $10.00 a plate, I expected more than some inedible fried nuggets of fish and a scoop of potato salad and coleslaw.
The fish nuggets were inedible, the sides were less than average.
When I mentioned the crappy fish to the waitress she mumbled something inaudible and wandered off.
In all honesty I have had better fish at a roadside parking area in North Carolina.
Our waitress looked like she had just come off the beach and was very disinterested.

On review of the check (see attached) I noticed I had been charged $1.50 for 2 x iced waters.

Please don't think this was bottled water because it was not. These criminals charged me $1.50 for 2 glasses of tap water.
Fortunately I caught it when paying the check and they begrudgingly and sheepishly removed it.

Over $2.00 for a soda for my kids.

All in all a horrible experience, well overpriced and the food was awful. if I want to be screwed I prefer to stay at home thanks very much and will not be returning to this place, which is a pity since it is in a great location and has so much potential - it's just that the restaurant is run by criminals who have as much cooking skill as a snake has hips.

5  Thank 84JimB
Reviewed February 20, 2012

On a visit to Honeymoon Island, we stopped here for lunch. Here, you place your order at the counter and then you wait on the deck until called to pick it up.. I had a cheese burger and fries and the wife had a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato. The menu is sandwich fare and snacks. The patio or deck faces directily on the beauatiful Gulf of Mexico with the beach directlly below it. On a sunny day it is absolutely beautiful. The dining area is covered which is nice during a hot day but one can still get sunburned sitting here for a long period of time from reflections off the sand and water. After a short period of time, we were called and our food was ready. The burger and the sandwich were both delicious and the portions were nice for the money. The fries were crisp and flavorful. We had beer with lunch and wine is also available but alcohol cannot be taken from the dining area. The patio can get crowded and the noise level does increase. Staff here were friendly and helpful. We will definitely return here for other lunches or early dinners. It is open daily from 9 to 5 and at 8 on the weekends where they have a pancake breakfast. There is a park admission to Honeymoon Island State Park to access this restaurant.

2  Thank jfewell2016
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Sitting right on the beach, you can't beat the location. Had lobster rolls which were pretty good. Friends had the fish taco. Draws the beach crowd which could damper conversation when other families are boisterous. Nice place to relax and sit back even if you are not going to the beach.

Been to Cafe Honeymoon? Share your experiences!