“Lobster rolls better than Maine!”
Review of Cafe Honeymoon

Cafe Honeymoon
Ranked #65 of 174 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We ate here because it was on the beach in the state park we were visiting. I forgot about the revies for the lobster roll, but when I saw it on the "menu" (a board above the cashier) I remembered! I was skeptical because we have eaten many lobster rolls around southern Maine... It was $10 for a roll with fries - much cheaper than most places in Maine. Jumbo size soda was $3. Ate outside on covered deck at ocean edge. Tropical music playing. Lobster roll was best I've had - STUFFED with claw meat in a hardly noticeable mayo dressing with a few tiny pieces of celery. PILE of fries were scrumptious, too. If in Maine this is easily a $20 meal in a touristy place. Could have eaten another but I was too stuffed! Friendly staff and a cooler with ice cream novelties for dessert!

3  Thank mcl9699
There are newer reviews for Cafe Honeymoon

Reviewed September 20, 2011

I have lived in Pinellas county all my life and I love the beaches. The cafe here is a great idea, but the food (I had the hamburger) was not very good. It would be great to see a food vendor in there that made fresh sandwiches and fresh fruit platters along with the hot food. I love the deck overlooking the water. Maybe a tiki bar added on the deck with frozen drinks too. There's a lot of potential......

Shane B, Manager at Cafe Honeymoon, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Hello Squirrellygirl,
Thank you very much for comments They are very much appreciated!
We will certainly work on our burgers to make make them special We do have a hand pressed Pavilion Burger Featured at our South Beach Beach Pavilion that I think you may enjoy. Please allow us another opportunity to impress you!! Try our specials as well,usually something different and made fresh to order,We also do offer Fruit bowls prepared daily Just ask we would very much like to accomodate all your requests.. Great ideal about the tikiBar!!! We would love to do it!! Please pass along your comments about this to State Parks Department. We need more comments like this to get appoval for more services..Thank you again for taking time to comment on our services We very much need to know where we need improvement.Please check our hours of operation for South Beach Beach Pavilion during September and October and Check us out at facebook romantic honeymoon island.
Shane Bittaker
Managing Partner
Cafe Honeymoon/ Cafe Caladesi

Reviewed July 28, 2011

A lot nearer than going to Cape Cod. My wife and I bike ride to the South Pavilion about once a week for a swim and lunch. The view from the covered deck of the beach and Caladesi island makes us appreciate living in paradise.
There is wide variety of food - all fresh, delicious and reasonably priced.
FYI - This is a self-service restaurant located inside Honeymoon Island State Park. Admission to the park is $8.00 a carload or $2.00 per person by bike.

3  Thank sawdusted
Reviewed June 28, 2011

excellent beach food at reasnable prices! watch your food the birds will steel it.

1  Thank kcpetcare
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Located on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico, this cafe is an excellent choice for great food and/or brunch or buffet. You couldn't ask for more attentive service from the waitresses or chefs. They always take the time to ask if everything is good and is there anything else I can get for you. The view from the pavilion is breathtaking with the beautiful Gulf beach in front of you. We've never been disappointed in the foods we have ordered and the Friday buffet is the best for the $9.99 all you can eat price.

2  Thank danjofl

Been to Cafe Honeymoon? Share your experiences!