“My trip to Dunedin”

Coconut Villas of Dunedin
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Dunedin
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This was our family's first trip to Dunedin, and I must say that we were very pleased.
The location to the beach was just unbelievable! My wife, kids, and I walked down to the beach a few times during our 5 day stay.
The pool area was also very nice. The neighbors were super friendly and even offered the kids poles and bait to do some fishing one night, which was a nice gesture.

The only down side was the one bathroom. With 2 small kids that could be a hassle some evening, but nothing major. I would definitely stay again and we made some amazing memories there in Dunedin!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Kendra L

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This was our second year in a row staying at Coconut Villas and once again, we really enjoyed ourselves! My boys went fishing every day off the dock in the back of our condo, and we swam and grilled out in our very own courtyard pool/chill area. There were some other families there and we enjoyed hanging out with them too. All in all, it was great! We plan to go back in November and check it out during the non summer months.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Brittney J
Reviewed May 7, 2014

The location is wonderful, easy bike access to beach & fishing. We enjoyed relaxing on the deck and watching the wildlife. We also took advantage of the clean, well maintained pool area. The condo provided everything we needed, was very clean and comfortable. We will return!

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank midlomom57
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Our stay, with 2 couples was in March 2014 for 1 week. Overall we recommend the accommodations and would likely return, but with only a small effort the place could be so much better. The location is one of the high points - on the water and convenient access to Honeymoon Island's beaches and Dunedin.. The unit we had was pleasingly decorated and clean. Although we did not plan to watch a lot of TV, we thought it time to send the current TV to the electronics recycling depot and spend a few bucks to acquire a unit built in the current millennium. Everything else in our unit worked well, but a few details could be improved. The toilet paper was so thin it was laughable and it would have been nice to have more than one dish towel. Minor details, but indicative of very good, but not excellent rating. Also the locks and/or keys really did not work well. When one of our party attempted entry to the main door, the lock could not be opened with the key after several minutes of trying. A few good rattles on the patio door at the other side of the unit solved the problem. The glass door slid open even though it had been locked from the inside. Time to improve the security.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
7  Thank Gregaryious
Reviewed December 29, 2013

It's not a BAD place by any means. My parents live in Dunedin so there's a good chance that we'll stay here again. But that's because I haven't seen any other two bedroom options in the city. We had two major complaints about the place. First and foremost was the fact that there's only one bathroom. So, while there are two bedrooms, there is no "master". That made it a bit challenging with four of us. We're usually a family of 7 so I don't think that we'd stay here with the entire brood. The second gripe is a lack of service. We had a bedroom door that would not stay closed or locked. Not a deal breaker but certainly an inconvenience when my wife and I are trying to enjoy some privacy. We ended up having to take the fake potted palm tree that was in our room and sliding it in front of the closed door to keep it that way (see photo). Hardly a proper fix. We called twice on the first day and once on the second day. Each time we were assured that it would be fixed. By the third call, we pretty much just gave up on any hope that the maintenance guy was actually going to show up.

I guess this lack of response could be a real red flag to those of you considering this place, if they treat all of their calls the way they did with this one. I would hate to think that a broken AC unit or a stopped up toilet would be ignored for days.

There was also a BUNCH of junk being stored in the hall closet (see photo). No idea what it was for but it made that closet completely unusable. Fortunately we didn't need it.

Other than that and a few minor things (sketchy wifi, change left on the counter and dishes left in the dishwasher), it's not a bad place. It's clean and well equipped if you like to cook some of your meals in and not eat out every meal.

Room Tip: It appears that all of the units are on the water so I other than choosing something upstairs (to av...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Mario C
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at these beautiful villas last spring and absolutely loved our time there! Now I am traveling again in December to the Tampa Bay area and hoping to stay here with my husband! Great place!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tenstar
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I spent 8 days at the condominium located at 2675 B Pineapple retreat St. Joseph Dr. E. Oct 9-17. The location was awesome! Would have slept with the sliding door to our bedroom open but unfortunately no screen. All the facilities were very clean. The washer and dryer looked worn out so we used a laundromat nearby. Although the bed was reasonably comfortable it was squeaky noisy! Used the adequately equipped kitchen for breakfast and late night snacks only. Otherwise dining out was outstanding. Beaches were a short bicycle ride away. Did use the bicycles provided..I am BBI trained mechanic and believe it's time to replace these bicycles. Spokes are just so corroded/rusty my concern is that the wheels could collapse. We certainly would stay there again. The good greatly outweighed the weaknesses.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dan D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunedin
Beso Del Sol Resort
#7 of 98 in Clearwater
Palm Court Motel
Palm Court Motel
#1 of 8 in Dunedin

Been to Coconut Villas of Dunedin? Share your experiences!