“I LOVE COCONUT VILLAS!!!”

Coconut Villas of Dunedin
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Dunedin
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I recently stayed at Coconut Villas along with my toy poodle. We enjoyed an exceptional view of the Water not only from our large porch, but we could admire the water from the living room, kitchen, and the master bedroom. The Coconut Villas are only a few feet from the water , because of this you get to see dolphins playing every day and they are much closer than if you go to see dolphins at a beach or at sea world. There is a big white bird named Edgar who lives there and would come onto our porch every morning to see my little poodle. Edgar was very friendly and we miss seeing him every day. There's also a pelican named Pete who lives there. He waddled up to the children fishing from the sea wall. They would toss freshly caught fish to Pete who was quite adept at catching the wiggling fish in his beak. The Villa was cheerfully furnished and the kitchen featured beautiful granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. We enjoyed the beautiful sunrises and sunsets everyday. We enjoyed our stay there so much that I plan on returning there to stay for several months. Because I have traveled around the world I have stayed in litterally hundreds of fine hotels as well as vacation rentals. I am very hard to please, however I would highly recommend Cocont Villas. The water views there can not be surpassed by any other property in the region,no condos in the Clearwater beach area can provide the up-close dolphin viewing that we enjoyed everyday at Cocont Villas. Finally, the owners Sam and Anetta are great hosts. They understand that success comes from making their guests happy. I happen to be very sensitive to colors and decor because I worked for 20 years in Paris in the fashion industry. They were very hospitable and made sure that my Villa was one that is decorated in light toned woods and pale celadon green decor. They made me feel welcome and happy and because of this, I will definitely return to Coconut Villas.

Room Tip: You can view photos of every Coconut Villas unit on their website and decide which one...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Thank you, Sam and Annetta! We had a wonderful time and the villa was perfect. I am very impressed with the cleanliness and how well stocked it was. With 3 kids we usually try to avoid a typical hotel and Coconut Villas was wonderful. The villa Sam chose for us was just right and the kids could swim and fish while we relaxed by the pool or on the dock. If you are looking for something quiet and away from the craziness of Clearwater Beach, this is a perfect location. It is minutes from Honeymoon Island and the Pinellas Trail. Can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: oops... no fitness center.
1  Thank Dara R
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Excellent location, clean and well-maintained. It truly had the comfort of home. We even were able to see the dolphin while sitting around the pool. I would definitely stay and recommend Coconut Villas.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We loved the Coconut Villas! They were so clean! Nobody wanted to leave! It was beautiful! Our kids loved swimming in the pool everyday, There were floats provided. The inside and outside of these villas are kept in prestine condition. The town of Dunedin is beyond sweet. We took our children to see Winter the Dolphin which was amazing! This is our first day home and we are all in withdrawel. We cannot wait to plan out next trip! The Coconut Villas of Dunedin will definately get our business again!!!! Thank you for such an amazing place to stay! We had 6 people stay in our unit which was fine, because the sofa pulled out into a bed. The sofa bed needs a new matress, but the other two beds were comfortable!!!!!!!! This is a first rate place!!!!!

Room Tip: We saw 3 different rooms, after meeting others staying there and there was not a bad room in the pla...
1  Thank leslie a
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I went to Dunedin for four nights. We stayed at Coconut Villas and were very pleased. It is in a great location, so it is convenient to Honeymoon Island and the downtown area. We even drove over to Clearwater for an afternoon, which is only 15 miles away. The interior was spacious, clean, and the appliances were up-to-date. The pool is a perfect size for the units, and the landscaping/views are beautiful. It was super convenient. This was probably the easiest check-in/check-out process that I have ever experienced. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Our son requested that we take our vacation to Clearwater to see Winter from "Dolphin Tale", I began to search for a place to stay and did not have much luck. I came across Coconut Villas and couldn't be happier. The place was extremely clean. Very quiet and peaceful. We saw so much wildlife just from our balcony. Various types of birds, dolphins, manatees and even a manta ray! We even decided to extend our vacation for an extra day because we had so much fun. Sam & Annetta both were very helpful in making this possible. Honeymoon Island Beach and Caladesi were spectacular and made Clearwater Beach feel more like Miami (very crowded). My 9 year old has already requested that we return to Dunedin and stay at Coconut Villas again! A+++ in my book, thank you so much for making our vacation so memorable!!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We just got back after spending three nights at Coconut Villas and we were so happy with our stay. The grounds and room were beautiful and clean (perhaps a little too clean as our 9 year old ran straight into the sliding glass door as soon as we got there!) and the views were spectacular. I had called Sam and Annetta with a lot of questions before we booked, and they were extremely helpful. We met Sam while we were there and he was very friendly and helpful again. They have obviously put a lot of thought into making their guests as comfortable as possible, and they have thought of everything. The kitchen has everything you need if you plan on cooking, and they supply you with dishwasher detergent and dish soap for any dishes that you do use. The ease of getting into your room is so nice too. There is no need to go to any front desk, you simply unlock the lockbox outside your door with the code they send. No lines, no waiting, no paperwork, very nice! If we do decide to come back to the Clearwater or Tampa area, we know exactly where we'll be staying.

Room Tip: We didn't think of it because we live primarily on the first floor of our house, but if we go ag...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunedin
Beso Del Sol Resort
#7 of 98 in Clearwater
Palm Court Motel
Palm Court Motel
#1 of 8 in Dunedin

Been to Coconut Villas of Dunedin? Share your experiences!