“Amazing sushi!”

Tom Yum Thai and Sushi
Ranked #38 of 178 Restaurants in Dunedin
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Description: Authentic Thai food all ingredients are freshly picked. No MSG used in our cooking. Come and taste the difference.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is my favorite sushi place. Period! The spicy crunchy tuna roll is my all time favorite! Everything on the menu is great! My only qualm is that the coconut chicken soup is bland unless you ask them to crank up the spice level.

I went there with my boyfriend for my birthday a couple months ago... at the end of the meal my boyfriend told them that it was my birthday. As a gift, the hostess gave me a little keychain charm in the shape of a bird and wished me happy birthday. That was really sweet of them and unexpected! I speak a little Thai (having lived in Thailand for a bit last year) and thanked the staff in Thai, which they seemed to appreciate.

Great atmosphere, food, and service. I love this place!

1  Thank Rachel G

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I have been there a few times but not recently. decent cooking for all the typical Thai dishes. never ordered sushi as it is my principal not to order sushi in a place that is NOT Japanese. it is the only Asian place close to my house. but compare to my favorite Thai places (in NJ) and Thai food I've had in Bangkok, I'd say food is average - lacking that special twist and identity. the place has no decor to speak of, and they don't do much with their presentation either.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've eaten there several times. I may be partial to Asian food for health reasons (low salt and low sugar diet) but it's consistently good here. Love the Krunchy Bomb Roll! Mother in Law Beef is my go-to spicy dish.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went here for thai food and saw most people ordering sushi. For a reason, apparently. The Pad Thai was ordinary, and the eponymous Tom Yum was hohum. Better luck a few days later at Ban Thai in Countryside /Safety Harbor. ...Now THAT was a wonderful thai dining experience!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place has great food. The service is extremely slow though. We have been back several times and every dish is good. Sadly, even a cold dish will take 20 mins to be served. Even appetizers are at least 20 mins. If you have time to spare try it, its great. We are going to try to order take out next time and see if its faster.