“IF YOU LIKE FINDING AWESOME SHELLS AND CRITTERS OF ALL KINDS, THIS BEACH IS A MUST!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caladesi Island State Park

2 Hour Jet Ski Tour of Honeymoon and Caladesi Island
Ranked #1 of 39 things to do in Dunedin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: One of Florida's few remaining undisturbed barrier islands.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a great time here. It was our last stop before heading home the next day, a perfect choice. A beautiful island with shells galore! I must have brought back at least 20lbs of them with me! The island is small enough to feel private but large enough to spread everyone out. We hated having to drive straight thru Tampa from Orlando to get there, Tampa was VERY busy, lots of traffic but not far down the road is Dunedin, a nice community. A beautiful area, would go again for sure!

• Polish first
Clearwater, Florida, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautiful private beach/park!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Access only by boat, kayak, or boat Taxi from Honeymoon Island or Downtown Clearwater. Secluded Beach just north of Clearwater Beach, never crowded, pristine, great sheeling, beautiful white sand. Nature paths to walk though, all kinds of unique wildlife, a marina and snack shop!

Visited March 2013
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“A Little Piece of Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I visited Caladesi Island as one of our stops on our recent trip to Florida. We took the ferry over to the island for the afternoon. We were immediately greeted by pelicans, herons, and a assortment of shore birds as we entered the mangroves. We stepped off the ferry and within minutes the Gopher Tortoises made their timely appearance for pictures. We immediately headed to the beach and walked along the shore enjoying the lovely beach and warm water till we reached the Hammock trail. My husband took a walk on the Hammock trail and left me to enjoy the quite peace of the beach for a little while. He returned and told me that he had also seen another resident of the island, the armadillo. We spent some more time on the beach and then headed back to the boat dock on one of the nature trails across the island. The contrast of the green hammock and the white sand was lovely. All the while in the background were the sounds of the birds and the tropical smells of the island. It was a peaceful, rejuvenating day on a lovely island. It was "a little piece of heaven."

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ladyoftheglen
fl
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Shells!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

What a nice place. I'm from the Pensacola and Destin fl. Area. And I would love to fly over for weekend visits. Great place for family's and at honeymoon park as a dog beach!!!! Yes it's a state park. Wow love that!!!

Titusville
1,083 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,294 helpful votes
“Peaceful and quiet get-a-way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We toured Honeymoon Island after reading some of the reviews and I agree with most of the positive comments. Lots of beach to walk, great fishing, kayaking and nature trails. It is just off the beaten path enough to prevent it from being over crowded. Plenty of parking and easy beach access. Ranger tours are available and the people at the visitor's center are great.Try the wooden swings and well placed benches along the beach. A sun bathers paradise. A great place for families as there is food and rest rooms. A well planned preserve.

Visited February 2013